• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aero Precision Ultralight 30mm Extended scope mount

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"

6061 T6 extruded aluminum construction

Made in the USA

Weight: 3.27oz

I wanted to say a word about this mount now , a year later,I’ve put a mountain of rounds through this AR with this set up.

no QD, no fancy, just solid mounted business.

This rifle has been packed for miles and miles of rugged ground. I have not dropped the rifle while this mount has been on it but I have bumped it on many trees and just transporting it with no case it get bumped around quite a bit, not abused but not used by someone who cares about dings and scratches.

So what…..it better be good through that right ? Right…..

The real reason I felt compelled to put a word in about this mount is this.

I wanted to move the mount 1 inch forward putting the front of the mount right over the barrel nut, a good stable place for not being completely on the upper receiver.

Long story short I could not get what I wanted and now I have moved a perfectly zeroed set up for nothing…..kinda disappointed I put the scope back where it was and tightened with the provided Torx tool. Not ever have I used a torque wrench on this mount, rings and base included all get tightened by hand and I stop when I like how it feels.
I am sure if an inch pound torque wrench got put on it , all my hand tightening would be inconsistent at best.

So I mope to a shooting spot to try and dial the scope back in to , hopefully, where it was before.

I put the Dirty Bird 100 measly yards out and start, I shoot 5 rounds and look……puzzled , it looks good???? I fire a few more and this is what I got with plinking ammo..obviously the 9mm hole isn't part of this

Didn’t touch a turret, right back where it was as far as I can tell.

I have dealt with optics all my life through hunting rifles, never had this....usually always off by an inch or two

This scope mount is under 100 bucks......I believe I gave $86 right from Aero and I am just thrilled with it !

Looks like a soild piece oli. Thanks for the review (even if it was a year later);)
Nice group too. ....
Don't you just hate 9mm rounds that hit your target out of nowhere.:rolleyes:

Looks like a soild piece oli. Thanks for the review (even if it was a year later);)
Nice group too. ....
Don't you just hate 9mm rounds that hit your target out of nowhere.:rolleyes:
LOL.....I believe in actually using something for a bit before I put a stamp on it

that 9mm was embarrassingly far away from its home ;)

Last edited:
I prefer to get a "year after" report from someone that uses their stuff, rather than seeing all of those stupid "unboxing" videos on youtube.

I really hate those. I give every one I open by mistake a thumbs down just out of spite.

LOL.....I believe in actually using something for a bit before I put a stamp on it

that 9mm was embarrassingly far away from its home ;)
That is the only way to get good review. Glad to know oli.
And Im pretty certine that 9mm round got closer to its home the next time around.

+1 for John. I hate those too.

That is the only way to get good review. Glad to know oli.
And Im pretty certine that 9mm round got closer to its home the next time around.

Not really, I went and tore it down before she shot anymore....more went there just not while my target was there

I prefer to get a "year after" report from someone that uses their stuff, rather than seeing all of those stupid "unboxing" videos on youtube.

I really hate those. I give every one I open by mistake a thumbs down just out of spite.
i can see showing something new so people get a better look but yeah, stuff I thought was awesome at first has made me eat crow in the past so now I wait.....on the reliability aspect of a thing

Dredging up an old thread, but wanting to go with this for the Grendel/Vortex combo. Oli you still say its Good to Go?

for sure but I would get the SPR unit if I had it to do again, more option to move it up the rail for eye relief options

I've owned two of these now and I can only echo Oli's experience with Aero's products. And a huge +1 on their customer service as well. The last mount I ordered had the mount screws tightened WAY to tight from the factory... or they were install before the anodizing was cured fully... either way, I completely stripped one of the screws trying to get the mount installed. Sent them an email and they quickly responded with a mailing label. I had the replacement mount in my mailbox before the other mount even made it back to Aero.

I can't think of a lighter mount out there, and it's a great alternative to the other options on the market.

I only have experience with AP lowers, of which I have no complaints. But definitely going to keep this in mind when I need a mount.

I've owned two of these now and I can only echo Oli's experience with Aero's products. And a huge +1 on their customer service as well. The last mount I ordered had the mount screws tightened WAY to tight from the factory... or they were install before the anodizing was cured fully... either way, I completely stripped one of the screws trying to get the mount installed. Sent them an email and they quickly responded with a mailing label. I had the replacement mount in my mailbox before the other mount even made it back to Aero.

I can't think of a lighter mount out there, and it's a great alternative to the other options on the market.
whats up bro ?

whats up bro ?
Duly noted.

What up AK? been hiding on the shadows all this time?

Lol, shadows for sure! Just life... everytime I think I've got some free time, something else comes up you know. Plus I took a little break from the internet in general... my wife said she'd devorce me if I watched one more "Kittens & Puppies" youtube videos ;)

Awesome report olil700!

I was looking into the Aero lightweight mount, but I was hesitant because it is so light and might not hold up. It seems like it is performing good for you.

I need one now haha!

Awesome report olil700!

I was looking into the Aero lightweight mount, but I was hesitant because it is so light and might not hold up. It seems like it is performing good for you.

I need one now haha!

I still have it, I believe AK bent his......I think he had the SPR and that one looks too extended for the "weight" ......

Mine is still working great .......

looks like this now, on and off again, coated and still was only a tad bit off when I put it all back together

Last edited:
Back