• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The addiction continues ...

I am interested in the SPX with the flash hider, since the barrel is threaded for a suppressor. I would like to add a more traditional stock on it. It looks possible by what you are saying.

The 464 SPX has a AR style extension tube. you can fit any style AR Stock (I have yet to confirm if it is milspec or commercial. You can replace the components with the wood stock. However, It would probably be easier just to buy a 464. That has the wood stock already.

The Mossberg 464 SPX is a 464 lever action rifle with the only difference being the swapping out of the forearm and the rear stock for an adapter, extension tube, and AR stock. The 'Zombie' edition is an additional annoying splash of green paint.

Hence my project is centered around finding the 464 SPX model that shipped with the flash hider [Model #41026] There is a model w/out that is number 41022. The primary objective is to plunk a suppressor in place of the flash hider. The rest is some silliness that does not hinder my hog hunting endeavors :D:D:D.

From what I gather, once you remove the tactical adapter, you got a stock action. I don't know about the hardware.
to help confirm look at the pictures in the thread to see the exploded view of parts. Look like it will work. you may have to track down a nice wood stock though.

You raise an interesting project. A traditional wood 464 with a suppressor. That would be VERY cool.

Last edited:
Yes,
This would be really awesome.
Look what they did in the old days...

From what I gather, once you remove the tactical adapter, you got a stock action. I don't know about the hardware.
to help confirm look at the pictures in the thread to see the exploded view of parts. Look like it will work. you may have to track down a nice wood stock though.

You raise an interesting project. A traditional wood 464 with a suppressor. That would be VERY cool.

I used to have a scan of one of the original maxim logos saved on an old computer, but it has since died.

If you want to see what it looks like, it's in one of my videos at the 12 second mark here:

Back