• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at what Magpul is doing this year.

While I like both buttstocks, I think I may be a little more partial to the fixed stock.

i0NpD2A.png

10934146_867591936596899_6505977582716657186_o.jpg

I've been hearing some about Kalishnikov going to start a company here.

I hadn't really planned to get another AK, but I may now.

If I didn't live in NY I would definitely be buying another one.

well i was already planning to get another this year, was going to get the new Centurion, but if this happens. i will probably be getting 2 more this year.

Just couldn't help but notice the similarities in the original Magpul buttstock (M93) and the new AK specific buttstock. The model they call the Zhukov S.

magpul%20zhukov%20stock%20007_zpstjrebkmf.jpg

In all fairness, the main reason why I chose the Zhukov stock at all over the fixed moe stock that is reminiscent of the triangle stock was because of the M93. It has always been my favorite collapsible AR15 stock. Even though it's the oldest design out there, I still feel it's the best. Especially in terms of lockup.

The new Zhukov stock did not disappoint in that department.

762%20battle%20rifles%20002_zpsvqasxvir.jpg

I had a friend who had an AK-47 (guessing it had been modified to be civilian legal as it was semi-automatic fire only), he let me fire it a couple times. I know a lot of people like them, but I could never get used to it, just felt "awkward" when firing it. Felt "too short", can't explain it. When it comes to rifles, I'm used to shooting Lee-Enfield's and they are a World apart so that might have something to do with it?
When it comes to modern military firearms...I'll have to stick with the M-16A2 as that is what I had (minimal) experience with. The M-16 just "feels" more "normal" when shooting it, hope that came out right? Then again it was been the better part of 15-20 years since I fired a real M-16A2, so that might feel weird to me as well.
Mark

My Romanian AK recently got some company when my Pop sent me home with his Norinco MAK-90...

It's in excellent shape and with the milled receiver it's solid as a rock. Mags lock in tight with no wiggle. Not sure how long he's had it, but looks like it hasn't been shot much. That's gonna change real soon...

Your Dad has really good taste in weapons.

I see now that it didn't fall far from the tree.

Not too hard to see why I ended up like this huh?

Having grown up in a house surrounded by all kinds of really cool guns I never stood a chance at becoming anything other than a shooter with a habit for collecting. I'm VERY thankful for my upbringing and for my Pop for setting such a good example...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back