• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

A Mossberg 500 Challenge

A guy on another forum that I frequent posted the photos below and asked the members to identify the Mossy 500 in the photos. He purchased it but doesn't know what model of 500 it is. I have my suspicions. What's your guess?

2011-07-29133449.jpg

2011-07-29133359.jpg

2011-07-29133416.jpg

2011-07-29133538.jpg

2011-07-29133552.jpg

Re: A Mossberg 500 Challenge

It resembles the 6 shot Persuader, though with some other stuff like the new railed forend and ATI Scorpion adjustable stock.

50145.jpg

Or this, only this one lacks the stand off breacher...

50421.jpg

Or the new BlackWater, only the BlackWater doesnt have the adjustable stock. Or I guess its the "Thunder Ranch" now.

52133.jpg

Did he buy it new? Mossy will sometimes have weird stuff on the shelves that arent listed on the site, but if he got it new, there should be a part # on the box... I'm bettin he bought it from someone after a couple upgrades were made. It could easily be the Tac Persuader 6 shot that someone put the new forend and Scorpion stock became available.

So final answer, my guess is the 50145. The first one pictured. Though it could have started life as the Pistol Grip model I suppose...

I figured it was a 54125 that the gun shop put a different stock on to make it more appealing...

He bought it new from Academy. The model number on the box was 55200. That model number doesn't cross-reference with anything listed in the standard Mossberg catalog.

Ahhhh! So it is one of thos weird models Mossberg just doesnt have listed on their site!

Messes me up when I see a model, even at WalMart, come home to look it up and it isnt there on the site!

google Mossberg 55200 turns up mud's post on XD talk on this...

Ok, so we now know its someone at mossberg that is making our life difficult...
We need to get Mossberg customer service on here more often.

Its things like THIS that mossberg needs to put in their catalog, not that chainsaw joke...

Mossberg has a whole new set of part numbers for new models in different configurations. Most of the ones listed on the site are no longer available since they came with the old style ATI stocks. The new style stocks come with new model model numbers. This one appears to be the Mossberg 500 cruiser with the ATI tactical talon stock. The cruiser also comes in two variations; one having the 500 lug/magazine while the other has the 590 lug/magazine.

Fronty Owner said:
google Mossberg 55200 turns up mud's post on XD talk on this...

Ok, so we now know its someone at mossberg that is making our life difficult...
We need to get Mossberg customer service on here more often.

Its things like THIS that mossberg needs to put in their catalog, not that chainsaw joke...

The owner even called Mossberg and they didn't know what it was. :lol:

Wheres Edna when you need her?

Mossberg apparently also produces distributor exclusives in limited quantities, like my 590 Cruiser with the American Flag laser etched onto the receiver...

So it sounds like even Mossberg doesn't know what they produce.
I bet their part numbers are sequential to when they decide to put some combination together tooo.

I have that same one ......200.00 or so in extra goodies for the same price as a non tacticool one I love it puts all my pals sg to shame

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Mossberg apparently also produces distributor exclusives in limited quantities, like my 590 Cruiser with the American Flag laser etched onto the receiver...

Yeah, I was thinking this might be an Academy exclusive.

ernestrincon said:
I have that same one ......200.00 or so in extra goodies for the same price as a non tacticool one I love it puts all my pals sg to shame
My pals need to get on the shotgun wagon :? . Nice looking piece :twisted:

walpoler said:
ernestrincon said:
My pals need to get on the shotgun wagon :? . Nice looking piece :twisted:

Yea thats what I said then they like to say " where are u going to put that ...your back,pocket" ..... Or " my ar holds 30 rnds per mag ....." But can your ar doo this bam bam boom

Is there a difference

Is there a list somewhere that goes into detail the differences between the 500-A and other 500's?

Back