• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shoten

JimN

.22LR
I'm new to this group and not sure of how to post. I just installed a Shoten long release lever35 in my new Mav. 88. I needed it because I had installed a pistol grip stock and couldn't reach the stock release without moving my hand. But I'm writing this because I skipped the step in the video removing the trigger and it's springs. I was able to snake the release lever into the side of the trigger housing past the trigger. So much easier and quicker. I now can release the safety, action release and not move my hand from the trigger. So if you were thinking of doing this, do it, it's very easy.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Jim !!

Thanks for the info...

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new MAV88.

I skipped the step in the video removing the trigger and it's springs. I was able to snake the release lever into the side of the trigger housing past the trigger. So much easier and quicker.

Interesting. Glad you like your pistol grip stock on your shotty with the SHOTEN add-on. Do you ultimately trust it 100% ????????

Nitesite, not sure what your question is about. I don't trust anything 100%. I depend on my several 88'. They have been very dependable all these past years. I depend on my 357 revolver since early 90's. I have over 50 years of doing mechanical repairs, if you are referring to my stripping of the receiver. I have always stripped every weapon down to the frame. Know your weapons and keep them in a ready condition. Why did I replace reliable parts? At my age I needed a shorter LOP and a pistol grip stock to spread the kick from slugs and buck shot. Also added reflex dot sight to help the old eyes. End result, I really enjoy shooting again. More practice and fun.

JimN~

I didn't really mean anything by it. I suppose I merely wanted your opinion if the part seemed to be high quality enough for your standards.

Nitesite, I know, I just wasn't sure what you meant. I've used the release several times since install. Except for sharp edges where my thumb contacted it (dremeled them), it's a great add for my 2 Mavericks. Take care.

Back