• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally completed my 590A1 Build

Gunny

.22LR
Several months ago I picked up a 590A1 SPX from local gun shop and I wanted to do something along the lines of a old style trench gun. Took me quite a few months to find the right stock I was looking for and a
correct heat shield. Finally it I found them and it all came together. Here is the results

Shotgun: 590A1
Stock: 1989 Former Mossberg Police Model 500, (old style corncob fore grip)
Heat Shield: Mossberg's newest heat shield correct for the 590A1 and parkerized
(installed very easily and fits perfect and correct)

Overall, I think she turned out pretty good.....

Thanks for viewing.... Click on picture for larger view ...

IMG_2768 (1024x768).jpg IMG_2769 (1024x768) (2).jpg IMG_2771 (1024x768).jpg IMG_2773 (1024x768).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Love the wood hardware.

Looks great Gunny...!!

Where did you buy the 590a1 heatshield...? ( please provide link to website...Thx )

The correct heat shield and so much cheaper then other places:

Mossberg Item number: 16335P Heatshield ASM Parkerized for Hvy Wall BBL $38.00 plus shipping

(note: its not always shown in their catalog but they have it, call and ask for it, 1-800-363-3555)

Hope this helps ...

Helps alot...thanks for the info !!

It will look real good on my 590A1...

That's a very nice shotgun and that's may favorite style of wood!

Nice shotgun, Gunny. I'm very fond of the old corncob wood furniture. Excellent!!!

Love the wood stock set! I might have to find a 590 variant one (USN version, what ever that one is?)...I have a 60's era M-7 Bayonet and I really don't have any desire nor have the cash to find an M-16A1 LOL!!!
Mark

I have a 60's era M-7 Bayonet and I really don't have any desire nor have the cash to find an M-16A1 LOL!!!
Mark

Yeah, that's WAY too rich for my wallet. What's an M16 go for, about $20K~$25K???

Last edited:
M16A1 for 20 grand?!!! I've seen neutered semi autos with 20" barrels and triangular hand guards for $1000.

I'm partial to wood as well, looks very good. I did the wood thing on a few Mossy's but ended up going back to my 14" 590A1 and left it all black.

thank you I appreciate that, I prefer the wood stock, but I took off synthetic stock in such a way that I can easily put it back to the black original style, I was going for an old trench shotgun style look

Back