• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.357 rifle

JimN

.22LR
One big want on my Mossberg wish list is a .357 cal. Lever action rifle. Much more punch in a 16" barrel. Plus it fits between the .22 and .30-30. I'd buy a walnut furniture / blued barrel 464 in .357. from Mossberg.

I personally like 357 in a carbine. They work well in my area/terrain.

I've went to other manufacturers to get the 357 though.

family023_zps13e90f52.jpg

Yes sir. It's a NEF.

I realize that he wanted a lever action, but they both go bang in Three-5-Seven. ;)

I second the need for a 357 Mossberg lever action. The price line should be far better then the outrageous prices "Marlington" charges for theirs.

I personally like 357 in a carbine. They work well in my area/terrain.

I've went to other manufacturers to get the 357 though.

family023_zps13e90f52.jpg
Im still looking for an Handi Rifle in.357. They have become white unicorns.

Id even take a .44.

Either would make dandy brush guns.

Henry big boy in 357. Tube fed, very nice fit and finish, excellent customer service. Great furniture.
Older JM stamped Marlins are out there, but have skyrocketed in price.
Mossberg can't get the 30/30 right, why wait for another troubled lever gun.

Henry big boy in 357. Tube fed, very nice fit and finish, excellent customer service. Great furniture.
Sounds like the crap Remington is turning out under the Marlin name. "JM" Marlin 357 mag carbines are made from "unobtainium" around here. I had a heck of a time finding my 1968 made 44 mag Marlin too.

The Henry's are fine rifles, well made but a bit pricey. Too rich for my retired fixed income, lol!

If Rossi would get their act together and turn out some reliable 357 and 44 mag carbines I would jump on one. I've read too many horror stories on the Rossi web site to chance dropping any money on one. I don't like the idiotic safety they have mounted on top of the receiver either.

Back