• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M1 Carbine

The only thing u can find is it says universal.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359088884898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359088884898.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 71
Do they all have the peice on the side?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359089372016.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359089372016.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359089467544.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359089467544.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 68
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nope,

That definitely looks like some sort of modification to me...

Spacer for the scope mount. I quick skimmed through that website. From what i understand mine is a 65 or newer.

Thanks this all helped alot. Just wish mine had a amazing story like lazy's.

Very nice, Sniper.
I got bit by the Carbine bug in the early 70's with a Universal. That one is long gone, but was followed years later by another Universal. Then an Auto Ordnance reproduction of an early model M1. And finally a real USGI, a 1943 Inland.
Sniper - your Inland was rebuilt after the war, as evidenced by the barrel band with bayonet lug. It also has the late model rear sight and the flip safety instead of the push button.
I can't tell from the picture, does it have the flat bolt or later round bolt?
Carbines are collectable not only because there were 10 manufacturers that built them, but also so many possible variations, even down to how many holes in the top of the handguard - 2 or 4.
My Inland looks like yours, with the exception of the bayonet lug, I don't have one. It's something I plan to add, along with an M-4 bayonet.

Thanks for the info Big Al,

I don't have any details on the bolt. I took the photo while on a trip back home to see the folks. The Carbine is in my Pop's safe back in Texas...

Whoa man!! That's awesome!

I've said it before...you one lucky dude LES!!! That is one helluva sexy piece of history!!

I'm just throwin it out there but between what you've collected, inherited and will yet inheret...you're gonna have a collection to rival Heston's!!!:p

You're gonna hafta put it all on display and charge admission!!;)

Thank you Gentlemen.

I'm just throwin it out there but between what you've collected, inherited and will yet inheret...you're gonna have a collection to rival Heston's!!!:p

You're gonna hafta put it all on display and charge admission!!;)

Don't know about all that, but I'm definitely pushing the limits of how many guns will fit in a safe... :confused:

Back