• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

PA Preemption Law Struck Down

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/06/commonwealth_court_act_192_unc.html

The law enacted last year that put teeth into enforcing the state preemption law was struck down. It was ruled that how they passed it (attached to an unrelated bill) violated PA law. So, we had several years of Republican control of the state house, senate and governors desk and they couldn't pass a simple preemption law or end the state monopoly on liquor sales. The republicans are truly worthless. In the "good news" for them the huge state legislature salaries and pensions are still in place.

What this means for PA is that communities can and will pass local laws that violate the state preemption law. The loophole for the communities that do this is that they can only be sued if someone can claim to have been hurt by the law. They skirt that by not enforcing the laws. How the anti gunners see that as useful is beyond me.

Back to the drawing board Shooter13.

Heard that Mike... !!

Philadelphia is one of those violators...

Legislators passed Act 192 in the waning hours of the session last year, tucking a series of gun provisions into a bill about the thefts of metals. The gun provisions greatly broadened who had legal standing to challenge municipalities over gun regulations and allowed plaintiffs to collect legal fees.

"In short, because Act 192 was altered to change its original purpose, it does not pass the first part of the two-part constitutional inquiry," the order written by Judge Robert Simpson said.

* BTW...I didn't vote for Wolf as governor...wait till you see all our taxes go up !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard that Mike... !!

Philadelphia is one of those violators...

Legislators passed Act 192 in the waning hours of the session last year, tucking a series of gun provisions into a bill about the thefts of metals. The gun provisions greatly broadened who had legal standing to challenge municipalities over gun regulations and allowed plaintiffs to collect legal fees.

"In short, because Act 192 was altered to change its original purpose, it does not pass the first part of the two-part constitutional inquiry," the order written by Judge Robert Simpson said.

* BTW...I didn't vote for Wolf as governor...wait till you see all our taxes go up !!
That is how half of the crap coming out of Washington is passed, as a "rider" on another bill. Using PA's logic, we could overturn quite a few thing "passed" by congress.

They/we need to change the way they pass bills/laws....
No more riders, ammendments, attachments, or if you want this vote for that crap.
One bill...one subject...one vote. Move on to the next....

I do like the PA law that prevents all the attachments etc to bills and I was disappointed and pissed beyond belief that the republicans had to break the law to enact that last year when they had all of the control...losers.

Back