• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

They do....you just need to listen... :)

I love those guys....

Look at the size of the nose!!! I can imagine getting that wet nose in my face in the morning! Lol

Ha! and I'm sure you know from experience.
sarcastic.gif

Yeah dude, that's special kind of love .....he doesn't like to take a shower with me that much either. Not easy dragging 110# wolf into the shower lol, thought he was a Ferguson protester for a minute

Last edited:
I hate when I see a dog with it's tail and or ears cropped. I see absolutely no reason for this disgusting practice. (other than a medical issue)

I hate when I see a dog with it's tail and or ears cropped. I see absolutely no reason for this disgusting practice. (other than a medical issue)
On that note, I know people who do it with their hunting dogs, it's not just for show rings or for looks and serves a bit of a purpose. But it also has roots in fighting dogs. The practice is largely banned in Europe and dogs that are cropped and docked can't be shown or even registered to my knowledge. But I'd say even among hog dogs it's becoming less common.

Since having moved we lost 9 chickens. We're only 3 houses down from where we were and when we first moved the birds, they all left the following day and went back up the road. So I had to build a proper pen ASAP. However, in those couple days, I guess by virtue of no one being with the birds in the other yard, their numbers were quickly reduced.

My wife decided it was time to get another property dog/livestock guardian, and we found a guy fairly locally who has had four generations of stock dogs for his sheep and goats. He had mixed pups, Great Pyrenees/Bulgarian shepherds. We got one and she stays in the chicken pen at night. It's not a small pen, in the barn it's 8x20 and outside is 10x16, so a total of 320 sq. ft. Even with that space she doesn't pee and poop in the coop and waits till we let her out in the morning.

This is Freyja at nine weeks old;

image.jpg

Thanks Mr. Ripjack! I just noticed a few minutes ago it won't be long before she can't fit through the chicken door to the outside pen! lol
Her mom is just a little shy of 100 pounds and her dad is over 100 pounds.

Back