• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

#1 buck

thanks pawpaw. I talked about this way back but there was nothing around. have read the box o truth many times and I remember yourr pattern post.
I see now that remington has some #1 but most are out. but I'm really not going to be happy till I find the federal flight control stuff. just one of those things that my ocd really pops up. i'll keep looking.

I think I'm gonna load #1 buck for my reloading experiment I usually shop at ballistic products for stuff!

I have had a back order for Federal Law Enforcement #1 Buck Flite Control shells since August. I imagine there are others who have been waiting longer.

I was able to purchase Remington #1 Buck and Winchester #1 Buck through Midway. Also found a private seller in Arizona with Federal #1 Buck, but he was not willing to ship.

These seem to be difficult to obtain. I have inquired through retailers, wholesalers and the manufacturer. No one is willing to speculate as to when this product might be available. ATK (parent company of Federal Premium) simply says that they are making it, and it sells out quickly.

To the best of my knowledge, Federal does not offer any other 12 ga 2 3/4 inch shells in #1 Buck.

The Federal LE132-1B has been hard for me to find in stock as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess federal sells the #1 to law enforcement first so it may take forever to get any.
the clerk at dick's said they get in Remington #1 occasionally so I guess i'll just check in for that.

I've even been able to find #1 buck at WalMart...Winchester. I too would really like to find a bunch of Federal #1 buck with the FlteControl wad. It would be my primary load. Take care. Tom Worthington

Here's some I just bought in 20 gauge.

sa12-20%20004_0.JPG

Dirt cheap, too. $12 per box of 25 at sgammo.com Same stuff as the Rio 20 gauge buckshot. I've had good luck with that. Take care. Tom Worthington

I'm wanting to get the same thing in federal FliteControl. I've seen the 3" shells at bass pro and had intended to get out there last weekend but it didn't happen.

I'll try and let you know if I find any there. Last time I saw any there was plenty. I don't remember if it was labeled as the personal defense stuff or not.

I'm wanting to get the same thing in federal FliteControl. I've seen the 3" shells at bass pro and had intended to get out there last weekend but it didn't happen.

I'll try and let you know if I find any there. Last time I saw any there was plenty. I don't remember if it was labeled as the personal defense stuff or not.

LE1321B-2T.jpg

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Federal-Premium-LE-Tactical-12-Ga-00-Buckshot-p/le1321b.htm Not cheap, but available. Take care. Tom Worthington

Man, I sure hate the way they label that. Police and tactical can bring up bad connotations if one used it for home sd.

Man, I sure hate the way they label that. Police and tactical can bring up bad connotations if one used it for home sd.

Nope. In fact, it works in your favor. "I just wanted to use the same ammunition that law enforcement does, just to be safe." Take care. Tom Worthington

with the lack of knowledge of the general public and the sad state of affairs with attitudes towards our police these days. I'm not so sure it's still a good idea.
and I hate having to think that way.

Nope. In fact, it works in your favor. "I just wanted to use the same ammunition that law enforcement does, just to be safe." Take care. Tom Worthington

I'd add its easy to prove the load is identical to other loads that are labeled differently and I'll buy the LE stuff when I find it less expensive than others.

Winchester #1 Buck in 3" shells is available at Sportsman's Guide about $5 a box of 5. No Federal in stock as of the moment.

Back