• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found the TRS is a little on the tall side.

I can't even get 1/3 out of this little guy. It's like Lower 1/10th haha As well, it doesn't matter where I place it on my rail, I have to work to get the dot centered. I understand the no paralax stuff and it really doesn't matter, but my OCD and lack of comfort is driving me insane.

As for the paint job, I take no credit. Other than doing a booger job with krylon and fighting for weeks to remove it. I took it to a local company called MEC who chemical dipped my parts and stripped everything back to bare aluminum. Then another local Boyz HID did the paint... amazing job.

Last edited:
I'm picking up my DDM4V11 on Monday. So excited... 2 days... 14 hours... 15 minutes... and 24.5 seconds until my 10 days of hell are over with.

Congratulations.

Pictures are encouraged, range reports are mandantory ;)

Here she is, all new and Purdy
20150629_194314_zpszawxjaym.jpg

And since this is a Mossy site I figured I'd stage a pic of her with the 930. Already got Troy flip up sights, an aluminum keymod AFG, a Sig Sling and a Mag-tool (thanks California) for her.
20150629_195538_zpsupcpx3af.jpg
20150629_195538_zpsupcpx3af.jpg

Next up comes that Range Report. Hopefully this weekend but all my cash was spent making sure she was mine.

I went to the range finally last Saturday, I took my nephew for his birthday. I didn't have the time or equipment to sight her in so I just did a couple test shots and let him try it. She handled great, I truly love this rifle. The only complications I had were magazine related, I bought some super cheap bulk usgi mags to abuse. I assume they need magpul anti-tilt followers but im not sure. I separated it to inspect later and it was refilled and put back in the pile by my anxious nephew.

I'm gonna head back to the range to sight her in real soon. That will be my focus so I'll try to only take the V11 so I dont get distracted. Any tips? I did order a bore laser and I'm about to order a sight tool. I also picked up an Aimpoint Pro... so if you have any tips to sight that in as well let me hear them. I put the Bushnell back on the SPX for slugs.

Waiting for me when I got home from the range were some new parts I ordered. She now has the BCM Gunfighter ambidextrous charging handle and a BCM vfg. I also got an ambidextrous safety. Installed everything in about 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 20150711_185918.jpg
    20150711_185918.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 7
One way to help determine which mags are giving you issues is numbering each one. Whether by scratching a number directly onto them, a piece of tape and sharpy marker, paint or whatever.

Thank you fellas for the great info. This is my ar platform so any advice you wanna share I'm totally listening. I have the anti-tilt followers on their way.

There is a wealth of knowledge from many of the members here in regards to AR's (and virtually any other weapon).

If you've got questions, I'm sure someone here will have an answer.

The anti-tilt followers are the best available.

I had some USGI magazines that had the Magpul anti tilt followers, 2nd gen maybe, and they were excellent. But take that for what it's worth. My magazines didn't endure hardcore use and I'd estimate each had only had maybe 500 rounds through them.

I got a couple that dont have the anti tilt. Always meant to "fix" them but I naver have and have yet to have an issue.......I hear its really only a problem if you feed a full auto and it cant keep up ? Dont know but that makes since to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back