• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 S&J Bayonet Kit

m24shooter

.270 WIN
I pulled this out from another thread so it would not derail that one.
reeseman67 said:
Hey guys, very curious about the S&J Hardware bayonet lug +2 mag extension. Wondering if anyone has seen one up close or has/had one if it is a sturdy unit that would actually be able to serve the purpose of a 'bayonet lugged shotgun' like M1897 'Trench Gun' w/Bayonet, it is a cool idea, just wouldnt want the one time u needed that bayonet be what 'snaps' your mag extension under the pressure of a 'thrust' (would use a hi-quality mag clamp like a Nordic as it would strengthen the 'system' up)... BROKEN!!!
Yup. I have one in a box in my closet. The post below has the pics I took of the unit when I tested it out.
Also, is it the same 7+1 capacity(with some loads, but I moved my factory mag extension out as far as it would with the included sling mount w/S&J kit, or a GG&G, etc and it gives PERFECT 7+1 w/most ALL 2 3/4" loads!! :D )
My capacity stayed the same. However, I did not go and try to load every possible shotshell to see if there was any change. It did work with Fed, Remington, and Winchester.
Appreciate any info... M24 SHOOTER, I THINK I saw a pic thru one of ur links.. I think?
Thanks guys and gals,
Stephen
Yup, see above.

nordicrtwm.jpg

nordiclftwm.jpg

lugunderwm.jpg

interfacewm.jpg

bayortoblqwm.jpg

bayortoblqwm.jpg

spxbayowm.jpg

Dude I love all the stuff you get to try on your 930 SPX. Your review was one of the main reasons I decided to buy one. I wanted to thank you myself for all the hard work you put into the review and continued support of the SPX community. Also would you be willing to sell some of your old unused SPX accessories?

ninjaflood said:
Dude I love all the stuff you get to try on your 930 SPX. Your review was one of the main reasons I decided to buy one. I wanted to thank you myself for all the hard work you put into the review and continued support of the SPX community. Also would you be willing to sell some of your old unused SPX accessories?
SECOND THAT!!!!!! I woulda walked never known about this beautiful creation and got 'THE ITCH' w/out youre review I 'stumbled upon' doing a google search!! Granted it occupied about 9 months of my free time w/the desire for one, but I'm glad it worked the way it did, at the very least I can use a reg sling till my Tri-Rail arrives, and save some money on an aftermarket bolt handle as the new one is NOT BAD! So, I was looking at the Nordic system for that additional XL caps you can screw on to not worry about slight differences(w/the SLIGHTLY longer spring I have, unscrewing the extension tube down maybe 1/16" I was getting 7+1 with EVERYTHING, maybe a simple 930 sling plate adapter mount or 1/8"-ish longer tube would do?), but I prefer it to be a one piece if possible (just my OCD kicking in!) and it sure looks like a beefy and sturdy extension. So,(#1) would you rate it as ACTUALLY giving you a reliable BAYONET platform, i.e. M1897, 590(I've got bayo fever, so a 590A1 w/GRS is up next..maybe the SPX, but wouldnt mind having the plain jane Mossy GRS's on it?) Also, (#2) do you have a length on this unit, cant find anything in the description, (#3)this and it's sling mount would work w/tri rail correct? THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR REVIEW!!!
Stephen

WOW! I just realized if I can get one of these, maybe find a cheaper outlet(?anyone know, $155 is kind of a LOT, I guess you DO get 'two kinds of cool'...), that all of my long guns except my Winchester 1300 Defender(uhhh, it's like BUTTER :D , LOVE THE SPEEDPUMP!), are bayonet'd, it'll be another one too when I get the 590A1 (I realized I'd always liked the 'trench gun' idea from a short moment in 'Natural Born Killers' I re-watched a few days ago when Woody Harrelson has a 590 w/bayonet. Think that planted the 'seed'!)!!! I'm soo glad I read your article, as it's really prompted me to re-evaluate my thinking of 'CQB' and what a shotgun can do even at long distance w/an ounce of lead, especially when it's got such EXCELLENT SIGHTS ON IT! (Using Budsgunshop as $ source for a base 930 Home Security is $450, a Mossy pic rail for $33, LPA BAR rear pic rail sight and front sight set for $220 @ PSI, $100 for a sight install, $50-ish for mag extnsion, they even put a good charging handle, $20+shipping, on it now.... It would be $853 if the front sight only cost $100 to get sodered on to build this from a security, and $50 is a GOOD price to begin w/for a 930 security... I paid under what the rear sight ALONE costs to go from a bead sight 4+1 930 'security' to the EXCELLENT 930 SPX! :D )! It's brought the shotguns to the forefront of my 'front line defense' choices again. Shotgun w/a bayonet.... Now THATS A KNIFE... With 7+1+1 rounds of 00 buck 'backing it up'!!! I NEED the S&J bayo mount now!!!
Stephen

ninjaflood said:
Thanks. I try out the stuff so that others can get a look at it. It's interesting, and hopefully it helps somebody such as yourself.
As for selling stuff, I have sold some of the things that I've tried and just don't have an interest in. From time to time I'll get an email or PM asking about selling something and if it isn't something I'm using or don't think I'll use again I'll sell it. Generally if you see something in a long string of pics on my shotgun I'm going to keep it because it works, I like it, and it fits what I want to do with my 930. That's not to say that if I only do a review on it and use it for a short while that I think it is no good. It may just be that it doesn't fit in with what I want to do.

reeseman67 said:
So,(#1) would you rate it as ACTUALLY giving you a reliable BAYONET platform, i.e. M1897
Are you referring to the Nordic extension or the S&J extension? The Nordic is stout, but the S&J is heavy steel. Also, you will need to use a mag tube clamp to help brace the bayonet and extension. Even with a steel extension, it is still screwed onto a thin mag tube, which will be the weak point. Using the mag tube clamp will help this.
Also, (#2) do you have a length on this unit, cant find anything in the description,
I could measure it later, but you should get an idea when you look at my pics. Again, I'm assuming the S&J.
(#3)this and it's sling mount would work w/tri rail correct?
Should work just fine. The Tri Rail is simply a replacement forearm and doesn't protrude forward any further than the factory unit.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR REVIEW!!!
Stephen
No problem

reeseman67 said:
WOW! I just realized if I can get one of these, maybe find a cheaper outlet(?anyone know, $155 is kind of a LOT, I guess you DO get 'two kinds of cool'...),
Not aware of any S&J Outlet Store. :mrgreen:

Thanks M24! And if you ever feel like 'cleaning out the closet' and selling ur bayo' rig, DO LET ME KNOW!! ;)
Stephen

Back