• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scope Mounting Kit?

EMehl

.22LR
I just bought a Mossberg 535 Field/Deer combo, and I'm have a difficult time finding a scope mount kit for it. It's drilled and tapped for a scope, but I can't seem to turn up any mount kits for it. Is it just lumped in under the 500 series? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. It seems to me there has to be some other more "traditional" mounts for it as well since it's drilled and tapped, but what you linked there will probably work better for me since I have interchangeable barrels. Thanks again!

Glad to help! I thought there was a more traditional mount for the mossberg 535 but can't seem to find it. They do sell barrels with the scope mount integrated (http://www.lg-outdoors.com/products.asp?cat=11137) but thats all I am finding at the moment. When you decide on a mount let me know and would love to hear some feedback on it.

I just got off the phone with customer service at Mossberg, and they told me that the 535 is lumped under the 500 series when it comes to scope mounting kits; so anything that is made for the 500 series will fit the 535. Once I decide on a kit, I'll post a review of it on here, maybe with some pics/video.

Excellent. It makes sense that they would be but I had only known one person to use a scope mount on 535 and they bought the first one I posted. I am glad you called up mossberg and got to the bottom of it. Would love to see a review of whatever mount you end up getting.

Alright, got my scope mounting kit in today. Now all I need to do is get it bore sighted. Anyway, the mounting stuff I got was a Weaver 417M top mount base, and Weaver detachable rings. I got the detachable rings because I have two barrels for my gun (rifled and shot), and so I'll be removing the scope frequently, and I don't want to re-sight it every time I do that.

I didn't encounter any real problems, other than the fact that I had to take a part of the open sight off to get the scope on, because part of the open sight was touching the scope when I tried to put it on the first time. But that was my fault, because I got low height rings. But, now that I took the part of the open sight off, I have zero issues. I see perfectly through the scope, and I don't have to hold the gun uncomfortably to see clearly. Here are some pictures of the gun with the scope mounted (sorry they kind of suck, I took them with my phone):

20100820153725.jpg

20100820154002.jpg

20100820154020.jpg

20100820154030.jpg

20100820154030.jpg

For anyone wondering, the scope is a Redfield 3-9x40mm.

Thanks for posting up all of what you found. This was really helpful because my roommate was wondering the exact same thing. He has the mossberg 535 and really wanted a scope but there wasn't a lot of information as to which ones fit. How do you like the Redfield 3-9x40mm?

No problem, glad it could help. As far as the scope is concerned; I haven't had the chance to shoot with it yet, but I'm doing that this weekend, so I can let you know more. But, it sits in the perfect spot on the gun (for me at least). It's not too close so I'll get scoped, but it's not so far up that I can't see out of it. And, it has a really clear, clean view and reticle, so my initial impression is that it's a great scope. Redfield is owned by Leupold, and they make great optics, so I can't imagine I'll have any issues with it.

Any update on the scope? I bought a Redfield Revolution 3x9 50mm for my new Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action and love it. For the money you can't go wrong with that scope.

No updates really, sorry. I got diagnosed with Grave's Disease (form of hyperthyroidism) a month or so ago, so I've been kinda confined to my house. I'm not allowed to do anything that gets my heart rate going or is strenuous until I have treatment done to fix it. So that kinda puts the nix on hunting and pretty much everything else I enjoy aside from sitting on my butt. The good news is I'm having treatment done tomorrow, so after that and a little recovery time, I can get back in the woods. I should have some updates for you then as to my field experiences with the scope and all, aside from target shooting.

Sorry to hear about your condition although I am glad that you are going in for treatment tomorrow. I would be going crazy if I couldn't get my heart rate going! Keep us updated and the best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Mine came with a rail that mounts utilizes the mounting holes on the top of the reciever. I bought it at dicks so maybe hey tossed it in there.

EMehl said:
No updates really, sorry. I got diagnosed with Grave's Disease (form of hyperthyroidism) a month or so ago, so I've been kinda confined to my house. I'm not allowed to do anything that gets my heart rate going or is strenuous until I have treatment done to fix it. So that kinda puts the nix on hunting and pretty much everything else I enjoy aside from sitting on my butt. The good news is I'm having treatment done tomorrow, so after that and a little recovery time, I can get back in the woods. I should have some updates for you then as to my field experiences with the scope and all, aside from target shooting.

Hi EMehl, I'm just checking in on ya...
I also have Graves'....I was diagnosed in 09. and that year it was just getting progressively worse. They had me on all sorts of meds, it even got so bad that I couldn't see past 10' in front of me. Then they put me on steroids for a month. It was weird the first week of that. They said it would me hyper, yet it had just the opposite effect. During the injection I would fall fast asleep! lol.

It seems a little better, but it hasn't gotten any worse. I'm still toothpick, even though I'm a chow hound. Ha! I also don't mind the cold as much as I used to. But I still don't like snow...so whatevah...
How are you doing?

Just a suggestion...use the sights that came on the barrel? I feel a great sense of accomplishment when i tattoo something at 100yards with the ol' irons!

Back