• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 / 590 Trigger Connector

RBE17

.22LR
I bought a new 590 trigger from gunbroker. I discovered the connector was not angles and it was hanging up on the safety, not allowing proper installation. I bought two new connectors from Brownells. Both of them are straight as well. At this point I'm a little perplexed. Are these supposed to be grind to fit? Every youtube video I watch about trigger disassembly talks about the connector going in with the high point of the angle toward the front of the gun.

I've attached a picture showing three new trigger. The top is another 590, the middle is the problem 590 trigger and the bottom is a new 500.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438216404.302012.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about your issue but since you have a known "good" trigger assy. pull the safety "connector" (or whatever it is called) and compare with the "problem" part. Maybe swap into the new assy. to see if it works... Someone else may have something to add... Good Luck!

All the ones that I have dealt with have been Angled. But maybe for the 590 they aren't. I've always used 500's and my 535. You could always call Mossberg directly and ask.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back