• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Hello all, wanted to join and add my little peice. Got an old Mossy ive had over 20 years. 500AB serial no,B762XX. Im sure its a little older than i am. Lol

Welcome to the forum from Florida.

Thank you for the ser.#,,,,,,looks like 1970 or '71.

Hi all,

I just joined the site and wanted to add my Mossberg to the data base. It's a model 500AT 12 gauge, Serial # G738xxx. I bought this gun slightly used from a second-hand dealer in Shakopee, Minnesota in 1981 or 1982.
Mossy.JPG

I actually made an attempt to refinish the stock and barrel sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, but as you can see from the photo my gunsmith abilities leave a lot to be desired! Still, I love the wooden stock and etched hunting scenes on this shotgun.

Regards,

Mike

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to post up your serial number.

Looking at our data base your 500 is from 1976 and she's a beauty.:)

Stop by the new members section and introduce yourself when you get a chance.

Welcome to the forum from Florida and thank you for taking the time to add your numbers.

List updated.

Hello, adding a Mossberg New Haven 600AB serial#D10661,I don't have 6 numbers after letter only five and checked twice to make sure.I have tried several times in last couple months to get manufacture date from Mossberg and Havlin with no luck yet. I have 1 question about the bolt assembly and bolt slide I just upgraded that may help with getting closer to at least the last year the bolt assembly's that used a left side extractor spring type clip that was just a thin piece of metal not spring loaded like right side, and it used the free floating bolt lock. I just upgraded the bolt assembly and its matching slide that now has the good spring loaded left and right extractors and spring controlled bolt lock.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have one of those early "5 digit" guns. From what I can find out the early serilalized guns only had 5 digits. The other thing is the "D" prefix.
From what we have gathered the D pops up all over the map with Mossberg.??? Go figure.

Anyway an educated guess is yours is late '60's-- early '70's.
If you hear back from Mossberg or Havlin please let us know.

Thank you for posting it.

Updated list.

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have one of those early "5 digit" guns. From what I can find out the early serilalized guns only had 5 digits. The other thing is the "D" prefix.
From what we have gathered the D pops up all over the map with Mossberg.??? Go figure.

Updated list.
Thank you old mossy, that's very interesting me and her is about the same age. I just noticed in another part of the forum about duel action slide bars starting in 1970 and it does have duel action bars and the mag tube has the action stop ring and spring, also it does have the steel step safety lever with the ball detents on the lever itself and the safety ball and spring don't come out it appears to be set in the receiver. Now ill stop worry about the 4 very small dings she's got on the receiver at that age she's earned them. Yes when I do hear back on a date I will post it, Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Updated list.
Old mossy, I just got a email back from Cheryl@havlinsale.com and she has confirmed my Mossberg New Haven 600AB serial#D10661 is a 1972 model:).

Back