• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Blade pistol stabilizer brace

*drool pours from mouth*

That's a sweet little gun!! Now slap an Ultimak Rail Gastube and MI handguard on the bottom and we're set! Lol

I'm partial to my full size AK's.

And SKS'.

that's because mom dropped you on your head.......proof being you are drooling over that little goat humper and not that finely refined fascist killer posted above it......damn sheep everywhereo_O

Hey, theres an AK pistol on my list too...... may or may not get a "stabilizing brace" for it.

Long as it puts them where your pointing, they're all good.
I agree and disagree equally as strong on that statement so I guess I am neutral .....I know you guys love your AK's ..... Neat for the collection and all, better than nothing and all, really cool round they shoot and all but that's as far as they will ever go for me......and all.

I agree and disagree equally as strong on that statement so I guess I am neutral .....I know you guys love your AK's ..... Neat for the collection and all, better than nothing and all, really cool round they shoot and all but that's as far as they will ever go for me......and all.
Whew... tell us how you really feel buddy lol slight hatred towards the Ruskie's finest weaponry, huh?

I was just checking out the LAW Tactical folding adapter and a 10.5" barrel build a guy had.. the flipping adapter is $300 though. I can buy a while pistol kit minus the lower for another $70 lol neat concept but I'd rather pull the pins and remove the upper haha

Yeah.

I like 7.62x39.

Some.

762%20battle%20rifles%20002_zpsvqasxvir.jpg

Whew... tell us how you really feel buddy lol slight hatred towards the Ruskie's finest weaponry, huh?
I like 'em, how could anyone hate an AK 47/74 ? I just think its only like the 4th or 5th best battle gun.....and I see no reason to try to accurize one or even try to talk about them like they are in the same realm as an AR15, sorry ......they have an excellent round..... in the class I'd get a CZ58 and or an SKS-M paratrooper, which I truly believe to be better weapons than an AK...like I said, they are awesome and awesome for the collection.....

start a thread and I will really take all comers on the debate

Well I sure would agree that trying accurize an AK would be pointless. They are reliable, through some of the toughest of shit and that unfortunately detracts from accuracy. Now if you're building an "accuracte AK" from the bottom up... you might as well build an AR.

A runaround pistol or sbr AK for me is strictly sub 100m engagment.. probably even sub 50m. Urban style house to house type of stuff.. I have a dissipator build for further out work. Just ordered a Primary Arms 1-4x but thinking I may get a Vortex 2-7... I just like the reticle on the PA scope

I am sure it would be plenty effective at laying down destruction , like any AK.

You dont like the PA scope ?

I would really like to get one of the 7.62x39 reticle scopes.

But they're pretty high.

And seldom in stock.

Both of mine are just wearing a red dot that I can take off if they go belly up when I really need them.

they are cool but like you say 100+ yard shots are longer shots in the Appalachians. You are likely as good with a red dot/magnifier to 200

The X39 ACSS, the dot is for 100/200 then you start at the top of the tree for 250 and the first cross hair is 300 and ends at 500

The only thing I dont care for with all the ACSS's is zeroing using the top of the dot for 100 and the bottom of the dot for 200......I just hold the dot on to 200 then put the dot on top of the target out to 300, then start using the tree from there......I cant really split a 1 moa dot well, hard to sight in .

That does sound like a pain to sight in.

And yes, a red dot will do for the majority of my shooting, though there are times when I want to be as precise as possible, then I like the magnification.

I don't know of any way to mount a magnifier on an AK behind a red dot. Most AK mounts don't have that kind of room.

Unless you replace the entire dust cover with a railed cover. I have seen those, but they typically require removing the rear sight and that seems very counter-intuitive to me. Very rarely will I ever agree to physically remove an iron sight.

But back on topic, a buddy of mine is wanting that pistol badly. Along with the SKS bullpup. They both may well find a new home soon if he comes up with the money he offered for them.

That does sound like a pain to sight in.

And yes, a red dot will do for the majority of my shooting, though there are times when I want to be as precise as possible, then I like the magnification.

I don't know of any way to mount a magnifier on an AK behind a red dot. Most AK mounts don't have that kind of room.

Unless you replace the entire dust cover with a railed cover. I have seen those, but they typically require removing the rear sight and that seems very counter-intuitive to me. Very rarely will I ever agree to physically remove an iron sight.

never considered that about the mounting, just assumed. Well a value based 1-4 would probably be a good solution.....looks like they aren't doing the X39 ACSS anymore.

but your probably more just interested in magnification over bullet drop inside 200

I like PA scopes but if it weren't for the ACSS I would go with Vortex just for the warranty alone and they are a touch better quality
very reasonable for the quality http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-crossfire-ii-1-4x24mm-riflescope.html

You are correct again. I don't have much need for a bullet drop reticle inside 200 yards. Heck, a 5 moa dot would be all that is needed considering the bullet drop for x39's are only about 5 inches from 100-200 yards, which is barely enough to justify anything more than a simple hold over about the size of a fist if using a scope with a crosshair, though 200 is still a stretch here unless you're in open land. You certainly won't be taking many shots at 200 in the woods. The undergrowth and tree's and things are too thick and that's not even taking into account the wind, elevation or anything else. The bullet would never reach the target unless shooting from ridge top to ridge top or where you're hunting at an old strip mine or something. But just to go out in the woods, you just don't see those 200 yard shots here.

The magnification is simply so I can place the rounds more where I want them because I can see where I am aiming better.

I like PA scopes but if it weren't for the ACSS I would go with Vortex just for the warranty alone...

This, that's really why I'm picking the Vortex over the PA. I hear their customer service is fantastic and they include a 1 year warranty that they honor well and beyond. But, what happens 3 years from now when my Wife gets mad and throws all my stuff in the front yard? ;)

Edit: I have been digging deeper into the Shockwave Blade and they've made a buffer tube with dimples I didn't know about. You can adjust the "length of brace" for different forearm lengths :D now it sounds appealing to me over the Sig Brace. So much so, I've considered buying a different upper to use lol

Back