• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

I figured out what that little bushing was for. I decided to have another look today. I noticed before that the screw to place the short cheek rest on the stock never seemed to get tight. It would just be snug at best. It dawned on me that the bushing must push in through the bottom to give the screw a solid base. Sure enough, once in place, that screw gets tight like it should.

500 Roadblocker w/Raptor Grip & Hogue Forend:
Raptor0001_1_zps7ugwd69w.jpg

Oh my! How does that sound when fired?

That's the factory muzzle brake, didn't notice any difference in noise (wearing muffs anyway) but 00Buck is darn right comfortable shooting with a PGO. Going to slap the Raptor Grip on my 14" 590A1 and test that sucker out.

Fun times.

Nice, I will be adding some new furniture to my Mossy here soon, just got the Hogue 12 LOP butt stock and the Hogue Forend also coming here sometime this week. I will post pics when I get them.

^ You're gonna love that Hogue stock. I have three of them in use at the moment...

I felt too cramped with the short 12" LOP Hogue stock... sold it shortly after I bought it. It's definitely not for everyone... about 13-13.5" is the sweet spot for me. Pictured is 12" installed and factory stock below.
Hoguestock0001_zpsab3e7115.jpg

Tried whatever I had around:
adffe926-5c29-4dff-ac4f-7b29b4f0b19b_zps27444024.png

I settled on the Choate.
MossbergChoate_zps74535b96.png

Last edited:
I cannot wait, I about went with the ATI Akitia stock instead but went with the Hogue. Just hope it was a good decision.
I also sold the heat shield that was on my Mossy, I just didn't like the look of the heat shield on my shotgun. I never had a heat shield before and it just didn't look right to me.

I agree I saw that also. I also don't really see the pistol grip on a shot gun, you are loosing accuracy and control over the recoil on the shotgun. I could see the pistol grip with stock setup but not just the grip. Nice shotgun though, looked like mine but sold the heat shield didn't like it on my shotgun used the money for the Hogue forend and love it, also replaced the factory butt stock with the Hogue full size butt stock and like it.

I'll add here, something we do, is safety on with the action open and set the gun down or propped up in the stand when we walk down range.

These things become habit in time.

Well I tried that 12 LOP butt stock and it was way to short for me so I went with the standard Hogue OM butt stock, I like it still has that longer LOP but I am getting use to it.. I feel like I have better control over the recoil with that longer LOP butt stock. I will say that the Hogue butt pad on there stocks really grab your clothing need to wax it or something.

Back