• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The New Guy from GA

Hello all,
Glad to join everyone, and I know better than to show up without pictures so here you are :D. This is my 590A1 that I've had for a couple of years now. I've just recently added to it to make it more HD-friendly, so if you see anything you like or have any "why did you do that?" questions and/or suggestions please let me know! I've been using this site to gather information before my build so it's a joy to finally be a part of this community.Mossberg 590A1 with Sling.jpgMossberg 590A1 no Sling.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Love the avatar. Movies don't get much better than that. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your 590A1. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome aboard!

Love the avatar. Movies don't get much better than that. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your 590A1. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.
Thank you Lazy Eyed Sniper I love your username. I don't know if ya'll get enough recognition for this but new guys to the forum, like me, really appreciate the staff showing up and posting in the new member forum. Thank you for the warm welcomes.

We appreciate you appreciating it!

It's just what we do here. There are a lot of gun forums out there. We try to maintain an open atmosphere where anyone can join in or start new discussion regardless of experience level or forum tenure. Glad to see you're finding the forum helpful so far. It is our sincere hope that you stick around and share what you've learned with other new members.

Seriously, us regulars get tired of reading each other's posts...

Welcome from MI!!

Love the avatar pic as well, but LES beat me to it.

Not sure how I missed this.

The magpul furniture is certainly different from what I'm used to.

I'm most curious about the light. Looks like an Insight. How do you like it?

Not sure how I missed this.

The magpul furniture is certainly different from what I'm used to.

I'm most curious about the light. Looks like an Insight. How do you like it?
Yes, I agree the magpul furniture is a lot different than I expected it to be but I love it. What I like about the magpul furniture is that everything is interchangeable and customizable (as I am not very tall and a lefty, not a lucky draw in the genetic lottery I know) and I really like the grip angle of the stock. May I ask what kind of furniture you are running on your setup? I'm always eager to see what is working for others.

As for the light, it is an Inforce WMLx, linked below, and it is the best long gun light imo. 500 lumens of white, fire-intensity light that stands as the glorious hero in the never-ending conquest against darkness. The features I love best about it are the angled power button and the switch that allows for momentary or constant light. The angled power button sits right where my thumb rests naturally which is advantageous and intuitive if/when the caveman hands kick in. Personally, I keep it on momentary and since I don't have to change any of my gripping to turn it on I can quickly burst light into a room or in my backyard.

http://inforce-mil.com/wmlx.php

Welcome to the forums, we're happy to have you! And you get a gold star for bringing pics right away. Otherwise we would have placed a hold on your account and you would have had to wait 10 days before posting again.

I was gonna ask if you're a lefty because the setup looked unusual, but you've already answered!

Even though you are a lefty and have the light on the right, I as a righty have at times tried the light on the right too because its interfered with the sling mount otherwise, though I was using at that time a different setup where here you have the rail on the forend. I like the sling mount on the side rather than the normal or traditional style. It makes more sense I guess.

I've long wanted to try the Inforce, it looks like it all works well together here. How does it handle for you? The 20" guns are my personal favorites!

@Rossignol
Thank you! It took me a while to get my setup to work for me but overall I am very pleased with my build. Thanks for your input, I always love to see what works for others because it may end up working better for me as well :D

#1 Yes, the sling set up I wanted was a quick release on both ends. Not so much for a tactical advantage but just so I can take it on/off if I wanted to go shooting with my buddies or for putting it in the case. I run it on the left side of my stock and the right side of the barrel so when I pull it tight when I'm not operating it, it lays flat against my chest so I can do things with my hands.

#2 And yes! I can't stress enough that I love my Inforce. It's lightweight but feels tough. It's got all of the features that a tactical HD light should have with constant on, momentary on, strobe, and a thumb guard to make sure you don't accidentally press the power button when trying to keep from being seen.

However this is the best part I love about it! You can disable all the features you don't want. Since I'm not a huge fan of constant on, I disabled it so all that power button does is momentary. No short press for momentary and a long press with click for constant on. This, to me, is crucial if you get in a situation where things get rowdy and you get caveman hands where you have the finger dexterity equivalent of operating the light with your elbows. But it's really easy to switch back to constant on if you want it. Also, you can disable strobe (which is available for momentary and constant depending on how you have it set up). However, it's a little more difficult to switch back to strobe feature (taking both of your hands, not just one) by unscrewing the head of the lamp, holding the power button and screwing it back on. 500 lumens also helps brighten up the scene :cool:

Haha I wasn't expecting this thread to be an Inforce WMLx review but here it is!

That's the fun thing about threads around here. They always seem to evolve as they go...

Hey PumpyShooty,

I put an Inforce WML on my 12ga 590A1. After about 300 rounds, the switch broke internally. It is back at Inforce for warranty. I am wondering if the WML can handle the 12ga. I assume you have had the WML on your 590A1 for some time? If so, how many rounds has it seen? Any problems? I am trying to decide if I should put a different light on mine, or if I just got unlucky and it will be fine after repair.

Hey PumpyShooty,

I put an Inforce WML on my 12ga 590A1. After about 300 rounds, the switch broke internally. It is back at Inforce for warranty. I am wondering if the WML can handle the 12ga. I assume you have had the WML on your 590A1 for some time? If so, how many rounds has it seen? Any problems? I am trying to decide if I should put a different light on mine, or if I just got unlucky and it will be fine after repair.

I've only put ~150 rounds through it with the WMLX on because they closed the range I used for long guns near my house. Now all I have is my friend's property to shoot on so I haven't been shooting as frequently.

So far I haven't run in to any issues with it but I now know what to look out for, so thank you for the heads up. I'll update if I have any issues with it. Thank goodness you still had yours covered by the warranty.

Question: Where do you mount your light? Location could be a key part in the switch going bad. I've heard of WMLs going out on ARs if they don't have a good hand guard/heat shield. You think it was due to blunt force or heat that caused the switch to go bad?

Back