• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

EARTHQUAKE...now HURRICANE !!

S

SHOOTER13

Just lived through an Earthquake...5.8...happened in Virginia...really shook my house in Pennsylvania !!

:eek:

Got to go check for damage... :(

Re: EARTHQUAKE

Crap, unexpected there. Had one here once that size and it was the last thing on my mind. I ran outside with a gun.....lol . then I saw water in a tub sloshing around and thought "no way, an earthquake"

Well, no major damage...

First thing I did was get my Glock...my Bug-out bag...my dog...and go outside !! I was on my laptop welcoming a new member on the Browning board when I felt the house swaying...my bullet collection took a tumble off the shelf...so I knew it was go time... :cool:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... 82311a.php

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First time I ever felt a quake, the wife and I were in the Mojave Desert...near Mouse's Tank...on a Harley Fatboy...it was very errie !!

===========================================================

Mouse's Tank: Named for a renegade Indian who used the area as a hideout in the 1890's. Mouse's Tank is a natural basin in the rock where water collects after rainfalls, sometimes remaining for months. A half-mile round trip trail leads to Mouse's Tank from the trail head parking area, passing numerous examples of prehistoric Indian petroglyphs.

===========================================================

Glad you're ok. Every station in CT is buzzing about it. I'm working a half hr North of Hartford and didn't feel a thing. However Manchester got a lil shake.
Apparently Hartford did feel it. They evacuated a bunch of gov. Buildings just to be safe.

First time I ever felt a quake was when i was living in California. I think it was 1994... the Northridge 6.9 I was in N Hollywood at the time. I had a speaker almost knock me out. Not a sterio speaker. A speaker cabinet, 4' tall. You know the ones at concerts the use. Yeah that huge heavy one. I used to work at a rehearsal studio and had a few that I used to make. Good sounds too. Anyhow. Try having one fall on you at 4am. That'll wake your ass up.

Thanks for the link John...I was just at their site !

I have a cousin in DC and I guess things are OK, but obviously in a bit of unease. I haven't spoken with him as all of the lines are tied up for obvious reasons, but everyone is OK.

My daughter from here (San Diego) is in Alexandria Va. (just outside DC) visiting friends when it hit. She called me at about 11:15 am our time and was actually very upset. She said that everything on the kitchen counter fell and a lot of stuff fell off the shelves thru the home. I lived in the DC area from 1960 until mid 2009 and this is the first large earthquake that I remember. Her friends were at work in DC and they were freaking out. I guess it doesn't matter where you live there is always a chance of things going wrong.

I didn't even notice it happen here in upstate NY!

Felt it here in Maine. We usually feels shakes from ice fractures in the winter, but no ice this time of year...must have been the quake.

B*tch please... I grew up in San Francisco...

memes-tears-shed.jpg

Well, Hurricane Irene past over the SE portion of Pennsylvania Saturday night into Sunday morning with high winds and local streams and river spilling over their banks.

The family and I had everything button up tight and we weathered the storm OK...spent Sunday morning and afternoon clearing some down tree branches and putting the patio furniture and grill back out...looks like a nice week of weather ahead !! ;)

I love Cape Hatteras and seeing those roads out make me really feel bad for the good folks out there. I'd rather go there than Hawaii any day! Such a great place and cool folks.

Back