• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Froglube

I read about Froglube on another website. I decided it seemed pretty cool. So I ordered a kit from Amazon.com on Tuesday and received it today.
Froglube is a safe bio-based CLP. The application process is a little lengthy, but one you have cleaned, no further lube is required. To apply you first clean all parts will rubbing alcohol to get them clean. Then the directions recommend you heat the parts to open the pores in the metal. Then I applied the paste to all pieces with the supplied acid brush. I ran some of the liquid through the barrel. The directions then recommend that you leave the material on for 30-60 min the first few times. After the elapsed time, simply wipe all parts clean with the supplied microfiber towel. Froglube penetrates the steel and leaves a nice coating on all parts. It is safe for all plastic/ polymer parts.
Since Froglube is bio-based, there is no horrible smell. Actually it has a menthol smell, reminds me of Icy Hot.

Here is the website, http://www.froglube.com/about_us.htm Check them out! I was impressed. The kits can be purchased through Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZW0LXQ

I think this is what Dan uses too and he also said he really likes it!

I have been using this stuff for a while now and absolutely love it! Glad to see your enjoying it as well.

Thanks for the info and link farrellsm77 !!

I'll be looking into this further...

Yes. I will most certainly check into it. I shop Amazon all the time, so no problem for me.
Thanx Farrellsm!

I saw FrogLube at a gun show today for the first time. The vendor was quite clear how wonderful it is on all his firearms. Thanks for the info here, and your endorsement DHonovich.

Hell I even use it on my knives like the new White River Knucklehead...it was a little stiff coming in and out of its kydex sheath but now its like butter smooth...

I have been using it since it came out. I really like this product and use it on all my firearms, knives and many of my tools as well as some unusual applications like sliding window and door tracks and rollers.

Back