• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Part?

sjg56k

Copper BB
Hi First post. Looks like a nice forum. I just bought a 500 combo with 28" vented barrel and fully rifled cantilever slug barrel. So question is, I found plastic part in box in little paper pouch that i cannot find reference too. Will try to upload pics of the part. Thanks for help.

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 256
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum sjg56k !!

...not sure about that pictured part, but someone here will know what it is.

BTW...Post some pics of that 500 when you get a chance...! ;)

Welcome to the forum.

The part looks like the spacer that goes between the stock and the receiver if you want to lengthen the LOP.

I believe that is the spacer to allow you to adjust your cheek weld of the stock.

Ok thanks guys, I'll try the spacer for the LOP idea. Had another problem though. New gun now and went out to make it my own chambered 5 field cart. with 7.5 shot 2.75 length. First 4 shot fed and shot great. Number 5 was FTF. Darn!. Looks like cartr. interrupter was slightly canted towards the elevator and stopped the action from allowing the elevator from full travel. Ideas??

Yes, thanks for reply. I cleaned it real well. Will shoot it awhile and see how she does. Thanks again.

Yep, I will validate that it is indeed the spacer to lengthen the LOP!

Hope the cleaning fixes the problem you had, let us know!

Back