• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hey, From WV ( hunting season)

Brian Booth

Copper BB
Hi all,
Brian From Charleston wv here. Have been a Mossberg owner most of my 42 years and now have added my first rifle. Hunt with a 500 most small game seasons and picked up a 4x4 300 wm to deer hunt with this year!
Rifle season starts soon so I've been playing with factory loads, Fixed the free float not being a free float on one side, and cheap Cabelas scope 4-12-40 with 300 turrets specific for the factory loads super x power points 180 grain. So far ...... seems to shoot well and pretty inexpensive to play with at 100 yds. where the local range is only 100( Kanawha state forest) going to the walback range to try a little further prob 200' for zero and see if scope holds together ;) Any tips for reloads ?, after buck season will start building more data for long range stuff, Thanks for any tips or helpful info !

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 500 and 4x4. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new 4x4.

Welcome from MI!!

MG_124.gif

Back