• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from MA

1999norfolk

Copper BB
New member from MA (don't hold that against me). Just purchased a new 464 30-30 (walnut) and cannot wait to get it in. First time rifle owner. Brother has a Winchester and I just had to have a lever action. Wanted something different though and research led me to the 464. Pistol owner to date, but plenty of experience with the long guns. I have a S&W 686P and a M&P 9c. I also have a Ruger MKIII Competition. Can't wait to continue reading about everyone's experience with the 464, but more importantly I cannot wait to get it in and put some rounds down range.

I welcome recommendations for best rounds to use. I do not currently plan to do my own reloads.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum 1999norfolk !!

Congrats on the new 464 rifle...lot's of folks here like 'em alot.

Passed through your town/county a few years back, on the way to Norfolk Airport to hop a twin engine to Hanscom Field then over to Hanscom AFB for work. Not too far from Concord. Nice area...

Welcome aboard!

You certainly have nice taste in guns! We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! The best ammunition that I have found for lever action rifles is the
http://www.hornady.com/store/LEVERevolution-FTX/
bullets-FTX-cutaway.jpg

LEVERevolution® FTX®

Features:
Design
Flex Tip design is safe in all tubular magazines.

Technology
Flex Tip technology delivers controlled expansion across a broad range of velocities.

Trajectory
Delivers the flattest trajectories EVER from lever guns.

Jacket
Jacket design controls expansion and enhances accuracy.

I was just reading about the flex tip from Hornady!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners, and we certainly wont hold the state that brings us UMASS against you! :D

Youre gonna find more shotguns here than anything, but dont let that stop you, there are plenty of lever action owners here too!

Thanks for signin on, and we'll see you around!

Back