• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Loaning a gun

E4x4Eric

.270 WIN
I've done this a couple of times, but would you let your friends take your gun for a day or two to go to the shooting range? I just don't want to find out the hard way :?

I can't think of a single friend to whom I would loan a gun without accompanying them myself. A family member ... maybe, but only one that I can think of.

2 words, for both family and friends. No, and way. Wont do it. I dont trust any of em with my firearms. A pressure washer maybe, my 4 cycle weed eater, I'd have to think on it. Kids, sure! Firearms, noooooooo.

I currently have three Mossberg pumps and I will loan them to anyone I know. I would like one to develop a problem so I could see a weak point, as I have never had to repair one yet. If they run it over with the pickup or something I guess it is a $100 or $150.00 problem-no big deal. I just got back from hunting in the rain and shooting steel out of my old "select choked" 500. They are tough! I have had no damage from steel in my old pumps. I use the IC setting on the select choke.

Only if I'm going to be there with the individual, for 2 reasons. 1st- I know how the weapon will be treated...not that I have a lack of trust, I'd just rather be there to watch...and shoot as well. 2nd-If there is a problem with my gun, I can fix it if I need to.

If you can't trust your good friends or family why do you speak to them? All of my guns are open to my friends and family. Some friends no way in hell I know how they treat stuff when they borrow it. But otherwise yes absolutely. I've lent them to co workers and vice versa.

T.C.

Hell no, they have their own toys. If they want to shoot my guns no problem , I'll take them down the road and we'll go shootin'. Nobody has ever asked to borrow one and I never, ever thought about asking either.

An old saying that my Mom used to tell me as I was growing up.

Seldom lend, and never borrow. Often saves a lot of sorrow.

Of course it is totally illegal to lend anyone a gun in the state of California.

Nobody shoots my weapons unless I am standing right there.

I have an elder uncle and my kids I would loan my guns to. The kids are under 21 (but 18+) so that couldn't happen today lest I run afoul of the law. ;)

I have a scumbag cousin wanted me to "sell" him a gun for "protection". "Why don't you give me a deal on a cheap gun?" says he. Says me: "One, you are a convict and until when and if you get your rights restored I'm not even going to let you touch one, let alone sell you one. Two, just because I found a $20 bill doesn't mean I should sell it to you for $10." :rolleyes:

Back