• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Re: Approximate value?

I'll go $50, sight unseen.
icon_lol.gif

Sight unseen...going by condition rating of VG by Rossignol...early 70's model...adjustable sights making it a Target Model...6" barrel w/o barrel vent and shroud...if made in Monson, Mass...$450 ( priced accordingly due to rarity )

======================================

1st pictured DW below is in FAIR condition...very early model...no vents, ribs, adj sights

DWMonson.jpg

======================================

2nd pictured DW below is in GOOD condition...early model and has vented ribbed barrel...adj sights

DWM12357.jpg

=======================================

3rd pictured DW below is in VG condition...early model with original box/papers...pristine blue

DWM15VG.jpg

========================================

But, he would not get that price unless put up for auction...if trading it in to a dealer for a .357 auto, he will be lucky to get $250, because the dealer will want to tack on at least one hundred to turn it over for profit. That's the rub...

Shooter, I appreciate all the info!

When I hear back from him I'll also ask where its made. I'm gonna stand by very good condition. There is no wear, not even holster wear, and he has only put 50 rnds through it. The handle looks dated, but not at all worn.

Mud, I'll tell him youre in for $450! ;)

got him on the phone now... doesnt know the model #... but it is made from the Monson factory and says "CT 6"??? No rib on the barrel, no box or papers, because his "lovely wife" threw it all out about 30 years ago... along with his dress uniform from the USMC and her own wedding dress. Weird.

Anyhow, it looks just like the third pic you posted Shooter, the color of the grip and everything, the blueing looks perfect, just like the photo! Nice!

No vented rib on barrel makes it a Model 12...made in 1970-71...very early model. Could fetch $500 easy if the condition is VG, as you say it is !!

Like I said in the PM...sell it private or auction...gun shop won't give you it's real value. Really a nice piece...worthy of a collector.

Hey Oli...good call !! ;)

BTW...that "CT6" is actually CTG ( as in .357 magnum cartridge...on lower part of barrel, near frame )

Thats awesome, he'll be happy to know! I think hes gonna try at the gun show, see if he can find a private sale. I know he'd like to get about $400 for it... He paid $150 for it NEW in 1970 something.

Nice call on that $450 Oli! So Oli is the high bidder? Hold on, I'm getting this all down...

man I wish, they are nice. I have seen two, both set up for hunting...both were killers. I have too many as it is.

IMGP0389.jpg

A little update on my S&W 686-6 that I fell in love with after shooting it a few times at the range. I got a little plug that replaces the ugly looking internal lock found on most of the new S&W revolvers from a guy that sells it on a S&W forum. I know lock malfunctions (as in engaging while firing the gun) are rare but it really bothered me so I got rid of the lock. I think it looks much cleaner now.

DHonovich said:
I have to admit the wood grips do look good but I am still a fan of the black set.
They were fine,but the originals actually fit my hands better.
I still have the Pacs,they'll even fit on my Mod. 66

I don't own any wheelguns. I'm supposed to inherit my Grandmothers .32 S&W that she carried in her purse everywhere she went someday

And I recently restored a HS22LR from my late Father-In-Law.

My Mother-in-law didn't even know he had it until she found most of it wrapped up in a handkerchief in the bottom drawer of a dresser she was going to get rid of.

Most of the parts were there, but it didn't have the cylinder bar or rear site and hammer spring.

I tracked down the replacement parts and cleaned it (and looks like the first time ever) and finally got it all back together. Everyone has jokingly knicknamed that pistol Humpty Dumpty.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6c233y1ms[/youtube]

Well...good story, great rebuild of the pistol, nice plinkin'...and great video !!

Thanks for sharing John !!

Rep sent...

My Gemini custom .357

This gun was built by Gemini customs back in 2008. The owner fired 20 rounds thru it and then kept it in a safe for the next 4 years until he decided he did not want it. There is barely a drag line on the cylinder to prove it was barely shot. I've heard of Gemini before and knew that he does some amazing work so I quickly picked it up (for about the same price as a 590A1) when the opportunity was there.

Hybra-Port™ porting
Complete action tuning
Recrown Muzzle
Chamfer Cylinder Throats
Recontour & Mirror Polish Trigger
Mirror Polish Hammer
Smooth & Dehorn for Carry
Eliminate Cylinder Endshake
Replace springs as needed
Polish Plungers & Pins
Electro Chemical Etch Gemini Customs Logo
Test Fire for Function
#170-325 Superfine Matte Glass Bead Blast entire Revolver
The frontsight is fabricated from a S&W and it is a 14k gold sight

The trigger is silky smooth with no slop. Absolutely quiet gun (no shake noise). Extremely accurate and very fun to shoot. I bought it to shoot as I do not own any safe queens.

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

Re: My Gemini custom .357

never heard of it but I do know that is a sweet set up by your description.

That's a Ruger Security Six. I owned one for a short time...bought it and another Ruger used for two hundred apiece...then traded both that and a Ruger P89DC a few months later to get my NIB Ruger Bisley Vaquero...

Very nice setup...I like that finish.

Very good find!

That will be with you as long as you want.... :D
It will not wear ou even if you shoot it every day.

Congrats again,

Lateck,

Marc Morganti was the 2009 Pistolsmith of the year and is the current president of the American Pistosmith Guild. So when I read that somone was selling a Gemini I had to take a look.

Back