• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Which for my Mav 88 ?

@old mossy I haven't cut her off yet. I want to get it done asap BUT I have to wait, for a while at least. It is my #1 project as far a guns and after that a good light and mount and then etc, etc. ;)

At this point I am leaning heavily towards using a slip-on recoil pad from "LimbSaver" BUT don't know if I need their "original" slip-on OR the "air tech" recoil pad. Any ideas on this?

Don't think so hard on the recoil pad. A good mount with any pad will help with recoil.

Any Limbsaver will work great.

So both the slip-on versions will work and both are the same price at my local wal-mart so just get the one that I like the looks of the most?

You could take measurements of the stock after you cut it to make sure you're getting the right slip-on pad. You could even just remove the stock and take it to the store with you.

You could take measurements of the stock after you cut it to make sure you're getting the right slip-on pad. You could even just remove the stock and take it to the store with you.
I think the links to the two stocks I have posted in the previous post would both fit. I carefully measured the stock where it is taped off. I just don't know if one of the LimbSaver models is any better than the other.....

Last edited:
Back