• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Welded Lifter

bofor

Hi Guy`s

Do anyone know who can supply a welded shell lifter for the JMPro 930. ?

I am in UK and would like to buy one and have it posted over.

Thanks

Bump
Has no one had their`s welded or is there no one, or gunshop, willing to ship to UK. ?

I bought a welded lifter from SKY Tactical but reviewing other peoples issues with them latey I can't wholeheartedly recomend them.

I think your problem is going to be finding a vendor that can or will ship to your location. If might be easier to find a local welder to fill the gap in the lifter and then grind it smooth and repaint it.

Bump
Has no one had their`s welded or is there no one, or gunshop, willing to ship to UK. ?

I bought a welded lifter from SKY Tactical but reviewing other peoples issues with them latey I can't wholeheartedly recomend them.

I think your problem is going to be finding a vendor that can or will ship to your location. If might be easier to find a local welder to fill the gap in the lifter and then grind it smooth and repaint it.

Yes MikeD
I looked at Sky Tactical, seems like problems there, and C&C Firearms, Kentucky, they replied once but no luck. I don`t want to send off my lifter in case it comes back not quite right and spares here are nearly impossible to get.
I tried C-Rums but he said he don`t export. Is this a ITAR item ?

SKYTac and C-Rums are the two vendors I am aware of.

When I got mine from SKYTac they just sent me a welded one, I did not have to send mine in to them.

I am not familiar with the specifics of shipping parts internationally, but I know it can be a PITA for most parts so most won't deal with it. Unfortunately that leaves many of out international friends at a loss. Hopefully someone can step up and get you one.

SKYTac and C-Rums are the two vendors I am aware of.

When I got mine from SKYTac they just sent me a welded one, I did not have to send mine in to them.

I am not familiar with the specifics of shipping parts internationally, but I know it can be a PITA for most parts so most won't deal with it. Unfortunately that leaves many of out international friends at a loss. Hopefully someone can step up and get you one.
Thanks MikeD
I hope someone can.

Bofor, there are people in the UK who do weld up & profile lifters. I'm in Essex, whereabouts are you?

Hey All

I have found out that the shell elevator for the 12g JMPro 930 is not on the ITAR etc restricted parts list for export.(according to Mossberg).

My question is.....is anyone willing to buy one from C-Rums or somewhere and send me a Paypal invoice or something for reimbursement of payment and then ship it to the UK ?

Thanks

I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, but I have heard that alot of guys are starting to get away from the welded lifters on the 930s and going to more of a wider "U" shaped smoothed notch on the lifter. Might be something you could look at since getting the welded lifter is turning out to be such a pain.

12Bravo....the problem is not so much the welding but getting a spare elevator to do any work on. I would welcome a standard 930JMPro one if I could get one sold and sent to me.

bofor,

One option you could do if the ITAR stuff doesn't work out for the new lifter is to just grind down the 2 "points" of the stock lifter.

I did this on my 935 lifter and found it to work much better than the stock lifter. I just used a Dremel with a grinding stone and worked the points down slowly until they were flush with the bottom of the "U" part of the lifter. I basically made it a flat edge and rounded all the edges and sanded and polished the lifter with Flitz polishing compound. I used a 100, 200, 500, 1000, 3000 grit sandpapers and then polished to finish it. It turned out much nicer than the original. I was a little worried about the 3/16"-1/4" gap from the mod. I thought the shell might get caught, but cycling the action by hand loaded the rounds just fine.

Just another option for ya!

Southern Kentucky Tactical (LINK) sells welded lifters in black or polished. I bought one from him and the quality is top notch.

The last I heard on here, it was taking quite a while to actually receive them. Hopefully, they've gotten that sorted out.

Here's his facebook page, if you want to contact him: https://www.facebook.com/skytactical/

I had a friend weld my lifter. And it is probably the best modification, as far as making shooting more enjoyable, that I have done.

I had seen a sort of tutorial where a guy used JB Weld. Put a few layers on it then sanded to make it smooth and look factory.

If you were to mess up, it's not altogether permanent.

Back