• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Highs and Lows

The past few weeks have proved to be a roller coaster ride for me.

A month ago, I took a bold shot at raising the steaks at my current job. I requested a senior management position in a family owned business. Well after a week of sweating it out, I am now the production/operations manager and #2 in command of my division of the company directly behind the presedent (father)! The son holds the overall company presedent role.

While setteling into the position for the past two weeks, I got the news yesterday that my girlfriends brother had taken his life over the weekend. Needless to say we are both feeling this one pretty bad. He has been battling his own demons for a long time now and unfortunately they seemed to have won. Jody has been working with his wife on making the arrangements and things have been very emotional today.

My emotions have run the gambit over the past few weeks, and I am working through what I hope is the worst of it.

Sucks man, I lost a good friend to a car wreck two days ago. ....you never know whats around the corner sometimes do you....

Sorry to hear...my condolences go out to you and your family...I know for me personally I have a hard time understanding when people take their own lives...

Rip,

I'm very sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and yours.

Oli,

Same goes for you brother.

It's never easy losing the ones we care about and it seems that time is the only thing that helps make the loss any easier to deal with. While the departed will always be missed, the memories of shared moments that made them so dear to us will never leave us. Hang in there fellas...

Guys, I'm truly sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

And sometimes is even harder.

There is not much to say that will help and these are always the hardest for me, but just know that if either of you guys wants to talk or vent or whatever, I'm easy to get ahold of and it won't go any farther than that. I've been there too.

I'm going to say a prayer for all of you and the family.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

My condolences gentlemen...

Life...no one here gets out alive...enjoy everyday like it's your last !!

SHOOTER13 said:
Life...no one here gets out alive...enjoy everyday like it's your last !!

Amen. Keep your heads high and your hearts open and time will make it easier. I can't tell you that the pain will go away, because every now and again something will remind you of your lost ones, but it's those moments that make you glad you had them while you did.

I'm very sorry to hear of the losses fellas, my thought and prayers are with yall through this.

Back