• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

shotshell damage or defects

mbshop

.270 WIN
got a box of winchester game load 7 1/2 and a box of federal game load 7 1/2 shot.
9 of the winchester were not crimped flat. they kinda have a point.
several of the federal shells had a slight bulge were the plastic meets the metal.
one was bad enough that when sitting upright the plastic shell leans.
this is the first time i noticed this. i always go through every box i buy.
most likely not a big deal but odd i get this in the two boxes i bought yesterday.

Was the box damaged on the outside or look like it had been dropped? I haven't seen anything like that lately. Post a couple of pictures if you can.

Not to be flippant, I don't mean to sound that way.

But if the bulged/leaning shells will chamber without force they will shoot just fine. And the crimps not being quite closed, well, just a bad adjustment on the loading machine I would assume.

Sorry, I got rid of the shell. As cheap as they are I have no interest in taking a chance. As to the ones not crimped properly, I'll just load them first as I go along, no biggy. Just the first time I had seen so much. And no, there was no damage to the box at all that I could see. Plus it was one that was on the second layer. Thanks for the intrest.

At the very least, I'd open them up and let my kids play with the pellets. That's always a good time. Then, I'd empty the powder on to the desk and astound my friends by setting it on fire! That's fun too but not for very long. :(

Back