• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help! I'm in Kalifornia!

Yes. I'm stuck here in the PRK for now but I try not to let that cramp my enjoyment of fine firearms.
I am an enthusiastic collector of Lugers, Mausers, Walthers, and some Brownings.
My interest in long guns is more recent and grows out of my love for the M-14 battle rifle I carried in Viet Nam over forty years ago.
I am also a strong supporter of the Second Amendment along with the rest of the Constitution.
Having learned to take home defense seriously to the point that I now have decided that a good shotgun needs to be integrated into my family's HD arsenal I have begun the ten-day mandatory delay on the purchase of a like-new Mossberg 500 20 gauge combo. I don't know how old it is but the serial number is U489358.
Glad to be here.

Thank you for your service.

And welcome to Mossberg Owners forum.

Welcome aboard and thank you for serving Sir!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new 500 when you're able to bring it home. Take a look around and you'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks for your service and welcome from PA! You have found a great site.

Really glad to have you on board. Welcome from Alabama.

That M14 is some rifle, isn't it!!!!!

Parabellus said:
Yes. I'm stuck here in the PRK for now but I try not to let that cramp my enjoyment of fine firearms.
I am an enthusiastic collector of Lugers, Mausers, Walthers, and some Brownings.
My interest in long guns is more recent and grows out of my love for the M14 battle rifle I carried in Viet Nam over forty years ago.
I am also a strong supporter of the Second Amendment along with the rest of the Constitution.
Having learned to take home defense seriously to the point that I now have decided that a good shotgun needs to be integrated into my family's HD arsenal I have begun the ten-day mandatory delay on the purchase of a like-new Massberg 500 20 gauge combo. I don't know how old it is but the serial number begins with a 0 or O followed by 489358.
Glad to be here.

welcome aboard from NY and congrats on your soon to be mossy.(hope the 10 day wait goes by fast for you.)
if you want to find out the born date of your mossy,email Norma at mossberg.

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

,,,,,also,,,,,,

Attachments

• TY flag.jpg
    TY flag.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 220
Welcome from MI!!!

Parabellus, welcome. From your post, you were in Nam about the same time I was ('65, '66). Whereabouts, and what branch? I also liked the M-14 and others of that era. :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
GunnyGene said:
Parabellus, welcome. From your post, you were in Nam about the same time I was ('65, '66). Whereabouts, and what branch? I also liked the M-14 and others of that era. :)
I was US Army 1st Signal Brigade, 43rd Signal Battalion outside Pleiku near II Corps HQ. Signal Corps was issued M-14s instead of M-16s because all we really needed them for was guard duty. Working in electronic maintenance my primary weapon was a soldering gun. That was '68-'69.

Parabellus said:
GunnyGene said:
I was US Army 1st Signal Brigade, 43rd Signal Battalion outside Pleiku near II Corps HQ. Signal Corps was issued M-14s instead of M-16s because all we really needed them for was guard duty. Working in electronic maintenance my primary weapon was a soldering gun. That was '68-'69.

Always nice to chat with a fellow Nam vet. :) As you probably guessed I was (and still am in a sense) Marine Corps. In and around DaNang, doing what Marines usually do. ;)

runtofightdanang65.jpg~original

GunnyGene said:
Always nice to chat with a fellow Nam vet. :) As you probably guessed I was (and still am in a sense) Marine Corps. In and around DaNang, doing what Marines usually do. ;)
I know. Once a Marine, always a Marine.
Thank you for doing what the Marines do best.

old mossy said:
welcome aboard from NY and congrats on your soon to be mossy.(hope the 10 day wait goes by fast for you.)
if you want to find out the born date of your mossy,email Norma at mossberg.
Thanks Mossy. I emailed Norma this morning.

Welcome from a guy who lives in SandyEggo for now but am moving soon to SW Fl. I am sure you are aware that all long guns bought after the end of the year will have to be registered, so if you want to get more do so now. I am sure that you know about http://www.calguns.net. If you haven't bought anything in the last year do not be surprised if Ca. DOJ delays your purchase for quite a while. I was delayed on (on the 8th day of 10) my last purchased if I remember correctly about 2 months. I have no reason in my background to keep me from buying a gun. As a matter of fact I had my CCW in Va. before coming to Ca. and I was also a cop for a while. The Ca. DOJ doesn't care about your 2nd amendment rights and will try anything they can to stop people from having a gun.

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

I know it has been a long time since you first checked in, but I really had a double take when I saw the 3rd patch in your sig. It looked very similar to the II FFV patch I wore in 66-67. Long Binh.
I, too, was issued the M-14 but relegated it to my foot locker after I made a "field acquisition" of a Tommy that I carried on the Huey. Also had a M-3 Greaser for a spell. Wish I had figured out a way to get those back here.

upload_2016-5-3_23-1-52.png
2nd Field Force Vietnam, Artillery Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, Aviation Detachment, Xray 560

Back