• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rail Placement question

Frgood

I am setting up my first scope on a lever action. In this case, the 464 ejects top-wise towards the scope. Is this an issue? When setting up the rails I can have an overlap over the ejection on either end by 0 to 1/4 inch. Should I leave it completely free as in the photo? Will the expelled cartridge cause a problem hitting the scope directly? of can I let the forward and/or the rear rail extend over the opening to mitigate damage to the scope?

What is the typical configuration?

464spx-rails-2_zpsb3b21ce6.jpg

You have way more room than you need there.

Just load the mag and cycle the rounds through cold.
You'll see.
If the full rounds cycle, the empty cases will too.

Look at my pics in the 464 scope/rails/etc thread.

Thanks for the information. The scope has been mounted for the past year with great success grabbing hog number 3. In fact, I'm expecting #4 next weekend and am taking it up north for my first first, or second, deer next winter.

What about this set up, would this work on a 464?

Attachments

• 844767_01_marlin_444_centerfire_lever_ac_640.jpg
    844767_01_marlin_444_centerfire_lever_ac_640.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 15
I believe that's the same rail I have just made for the Marlin. Made by XS Sight systems

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea it is, I ordered mine thru amazon, I just wanted the rail with no ghost sight, and I got them to price match it. I got the rail for only 35 bucks. I think thatso a good deal if I do say so myself. :)

Yea it is, I ordered mine thru amazon, I just wanted the rail with no ghost sight, and I got them to price match it. I got the rail for only 35 bucks. I think thatso a good deal if I do say so myself. :)
Hell yes it is! It wasn't on amazon when I bought mine... damn it! Lol[emoji28] [emoji106]

0ffcbf0bd2a1dcada24f3bb1d5e1a8b0.jpg

Question, is this correct? I'm unsure if the gap is suppose to be that big.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Yes it is. It keeps the rail at a more level angle since the barrel tapers. I wasn't excited about that but I live it still. Changes the gun completely. My red dot works amazingly.

I had to file my dove tail down a bit and waller out the hole to get it to fit correctly. They told me I might though.

I had to file my dove tail down a bit and waller out the hole to get it to fit correctly. They told me I might though.

We'll glad to know it's normal, I had a tough time aligning the rear screws but I first screwed the rear and left it wiggly and then I just tapped the front end and it fit like a glove.

Back