• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 535 wood forend

Shoten

Hatebreed Pit Crew
Sponsor
Do they make a Pinned version with wood? I really like the lighter weight with the pinned synthetic forend, but wanted to get a wood one...

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I've not seen one. I'm not sure wood would stand up to the stress around the pin holes.

I wonder....if Lignum Vitea would be strong enough? Obviously it would be significantly heavier...

Hmm. I have never had the opportunity to see one taken apart. What if you recessed some flat stock metal there? epoxy it in. IDK...just thinking outloud for ideas...

Hmm. I have never had the opportunity to see one taken apart. What if you recessed some flat stock metal there? epoxy it in. IDK...just thinking outloud for ideas...

Here's the inside of a pinned synthetic forend. I guess if you were a master woodworker like yourself you could bang one out.

pinned forend.jpg

I can take the spring off my synthetic one, but can't seem to figure out removing the Pinned arms... Anyone know?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Back