• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colt CIA?

Rossignol said:
Heck Yeah! I'd love to have one, and if I never find one, I'll go for the M1A from Springfield.

Ugh, but the point of the AR is for Allison. We may build one yet... so confused... I want more stuff than there are dollars to my name! :lol:

I know the feeling

Re: 60 & 100 Round Quad Stack AR Magazines

I'll probably pick one of each up...just because ;)

I have a couple C-mags, and a few Rusky, Chinese, and Romy drums for the AK's, too.

Don't really use them, but they are there if I need them - and they make pretty cool conversation pieces. :D

RED JACKET SU-16 Conversion?

Hi, Guys-

I know this is supposed to be Mossberg-related, but I did something a while back I'd like to hear
some '2 cents' about. That cable TV show Sons of Guns [Red Jacket firearms] does some pretty cool conversions/modifications, so I emailed them asking about a conversion kit to make
A Kel-Tec SU-16 into 6.8 SPC caliber. What do you think of this idea?

Wondering-

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/

P.S.-Update>called them up, and they said 'we're not doing anything like that, we're 2 years backordered'...dumb! :roll:

Update #2>Found a guy (gunsmith) on a website named Travis Frerking (FUR KING) of FCW-Frerking Custom Works who says he'll do a mod in .300 Blackout (requires only a barrel change) on this piece for $500, including barrel. fcwguns@innebraska.com 402.798.8383 Very friendly, knowledgeable and cool guy! :)

Re: RED JACKET SU-16 Conversion?

2 YEARS BACK ORDERED ?? holy crap...

The recent episodes of Sons of Guns, Will talks about the expansion. Lot of new equipment in the shop since last year. Also Stephanie mentions something like 1150+ emails in one of the shows. I think the show has really helped the company expand like crazy due to exposure. They do some really different things rather than straight gunsmithing. These guys have a lot of experience in machine work for guns. Will has built a terrific custom gun business. It's still a small shop so it will be interesting to see where he takes it. I wish them well. Shops and mechanics like this are few and far between.

Yeah, I don't wish them any ill-will (no pun) but it's frustrating to call them and have them be so non-chalant about your business. The girl actually acted as though my call was a bother, rather than a chance to do any business. I have to say one thing for Rick of 'Pawn Stars'-at least the success of that show has not turned him into an arrogant 'star'.

Hmm. Interesting. I bet they don't like doing one small job. You know? One customer,one small job. I think they like quantity. You are better off finding a local gunsmith who you can go to easily.

How come the 300 Blackout? I have 0 experiences with these type rounds, whisper, fireball and such so just curious…..don’t take this wrong because I don’t know what I am talking about but it looks kina like a wanna be AK round…..educate me

Thanks, guys. That was the whole point of my calling them. If they came out with a workable caliber-change kit for the SU, they'd have a potential customer in everyone who buys one. Not just 'one small job'. Anyway, now that I've learned about the .300 Blackout round, it's all a moot point, for me. Since it does everything the 6.8 was supposed to for an AR, plus fulfilling the promise of no need for bolt or magazine changes.

Here's the 'edumacation' link, oli...lol: http://300aacblackout.com/

Thanks for the link. It sounds realy cool, good luck on your quest.....now I want an AR in 300 BLK

KAC chainsaw gun

ok i deleted the last one. this link works, sorry, i was on my phone and was trying to post up a link. i guess it didn't work. still learning on that thing.

so here it is...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvLK-4VGVks[/youtube]

it's a 2009 video. but i'm surprised no one has posted anything about it here.....

1AKZ8l.jpg

enYIpl.jpg

OhClxl.jpg

11sSXl.jpg

Re: KAC chainsaw gun

I would love to try it just once. let alone own it....

Re: KAC chainsaw gun

Brush? More like tree removal.... :lol:

Re: AR Photo Thread

There are some very nice black rifle setups here! I plan to purchase a Colt LE 6920 in the next few weeks. I'll post pics when I get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back