• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 702 problem

matt222

Copper BB
I've got a Mossberg 702 plinkster .22 and was wondering how to take the pin out that is holding the firing pin in place. For some reason the firing pin was in the wrong spot and bent. trying to get the firing pin out..i broke it. I'm wondering if i can replace the firing pin or if i have to get a whole new bolt assembly. thanks in advance.

matt222,

I know you posted this 2 years ago, but I had a Mossberg 702 Plinkster and the firing pin broke on me one day. I called Mossberg and they shipped me a new one in the mail. About a (MONTH!!!!) later they sent me the simple little piece of metal that must cost them 10 cents to manufacture and I then installed it myself without a problem.

You just need to drift out the firing pin retaining pin and slide the new firing pin into the slot on the bottom of the bolt and then drift the firing pin retaining pin back through the bolt.

Joe

matt222,

I know you posted this 2 years ago, but I had a Mossberg 702 Plinkster and the firing pin broke on me one day. I called Mossberg and they shipped me a new one in the mail. About a (MONTH!!!!) later they sent me the simple little piece of metal that must cost them 10 cents to manufacture and I then installed it myself without a problem.

You just need to drift out the firing pin retaining pin and slide the new firing pin into the slot on the bottom of the bolt and then drift the firing pin retaining pin back through the bolt.

Joe

I too had my firing pin break after my first trip to the range. I contacted Mossberg and they sent me a new firing pin after a few weeks. IT was easy to replace and gun works great now. Thank you Mossberg support in Texas!

Back