• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 510 Mini Accessories...

Hopefully some manufacturers will start to produce some accessories for the 510 mini. I haven't found any yet...

Yea I assume with the popularity of the Mossberg 510 Mini that the accessories are bound to be produced at some point. I keep searching myself as well.

Yes, accessories for the 510 Mini are under a high demand. For the moment, the only thing that can be changed out is the stock itself. You may take the small stock and replace it with the adult size stock, within the same gauge. When you purchase a 510 Mini, you get a yellow Bantam Coupon with it that entitles you to purchase the adult size stock at 50% off discount. In the mean while, the magazine tube is too small to accept any other barrels and the receiver cannot intake any other magazine tubes. :(

gunsandthings said:
Yes, accessories for the 510 Mini are under a high demand. For the moment, the only thing that can be changed out is the stock itself. You may take the small stock and replace it with the adult size stock, within the same gauge. When you purchase a 510 Mini, you get a yellow Bantam Coupon with it that entitles you to purchase the adult size stock at 50% off discount. In the mean while, the magazine tube is too small to accept any other barrels and the receiver cannot intake any other magazine tubes. :(

Hey LS!! Thanks for joining ;)

The 510 is a rather sad dead end accessory wise. My wife loved to shoot after we got the initial problems with feeding worked out. We had hoped for more options but did not look before we leaped.

Hi all. New to the forum and wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to replace the forearm on the 20 gauge 510 with one of the action slides from havlin? I want to replace the black synthetic forearm with a wood alternative. Thanks in advance for any input.

edna said:
gunsandthings said:

Hey LS!! Thanks for joining ;)

Hmm...I didn't get a coupon. :(

If you guys are looking for some side saddles for your 510's let me know. I think I can whip a batch of kydex 410 side saddles for you guys.

IMG_0571.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm new on this forum. I just purchased a 20 gauge 510 Mini - my very first shotgun for home defense. I have a lot to learn, but I'm planning to take the defensive shotgun class at our local range. Due to my small size and arthritis issues, I am interested in reducing recoil as much as possible. Can you recommend a recoil pad that would easily fit my gun? I would also like suggestions for keeping extra ammo quickly accessible in crisis situations. I wish I could find a side saddle to fit my 20 gauge Mini, but if none are available, what is the next best option?

I would also like to hear from people who are having good experiences with your Mini 510 - 20 gauge. Are you out there? I get to pick mine up in 9 days and I hope I made a good choice! Thanks so much for your time and advice.

Hmm...I didn't get a coupon. :(
I didn't either, bought mine at Academy. No mention of one made by sales person. I ordered one anyway and it was around $30.00 w/shpg.. Made big difference with shooting. (much better)
While I'm at it, I contacted Mossberg re: 26" barrel and was told I would have to get extension tube with it. I haven't followed up with that.
Which reminds me...I need to do that.
Anyone on forum modified theirs in that manner?

I haven't modded it. The wife likes it just the way it is.

Hello everyone. I'm new on this forum. I just purchased a 20 gauge 510 Mini - my very first shotgun for home defense. I have a lot to learn, but I'm planning to take the defensive shotgun class at our local range. Due to my small size and arthritis issues, I am interested in reducing recoil as much as possible. Can you recommend a recoil pad that would easily fit my gun? I would also like suggestions for keeping extra ammo quickly accessible in crisis situations. I wish I could find a side saddle to fit my 20 gauge Mini, but if none are available, what is the next best option?

I would also like to hear from people who are having good experiences with your Mini 510 - 20 gauge. Are you out there? I get to pick mine up in 9 days and I hope I made a good choice! Thanks so much for your time and advice.

Silver Belle....I also have arthritis in both shoulders, which is the reason I purchased the Mini 510 - 20ga. That little 20 was quite a surprise when I first fired it. (w/the youth stock)
I first fired it with 2 3/4 bird shot.....the youth stock really gave my cheek a wake up call. One more of those and then the 3" mag. buckshot, I was thinking I bought a mule in disguise.
I did not get the yellow slip discount offer for the adult stock w/my purchase which led me to contact Mossberg regarding the adult stock. It was put on order ($30) and about 2-3 wks later
it arrived. I put the stock on but was still reluctant to fire it because the stock pad felt kind of hard, then came the search for slip-on recoil pad, none of which fit. With that, I finally gave it a try
and to my surprise it wasn't all that bad with both of the aforementioned loads, and it did not try to move my cheek bone. (both rounds, #6 shot 2 3/4 and buckshot, felt a lot better to me)
Adopting a proper stance to shoot helped a good deal also with recoil. The modified choke was used for these rounds.
I really love this little gun since the stock mod was done.
Hope this will be of help to you.

I picked up my 510 20g Super Bantam in the morning and then went to the range to break it in. Unfortunately, range said no buckshot, only slugs allowed. As little as the 510 is, it gave me quite a kick with slugs, almost the same as a 12g that I shot 2weeks ago. Does slug kick more than birdshot or buckshot even in 20g? Does anyone know this to be true? Thank you.

In theory, if both boxes say 1oz and 1200fps, the recoil energy will be equal.

If the charge is equal, and the lead weighs the same, it feels about the same to me, BUT a different plastic wad can affect the recoil, making it feel less sharp but slightly more sustained.

It does not reduce the total recoil much, but some of that energy goes into the wad, and not all of it comes back out as motion. Some is lost as the heat which crushes/melts the wad. You don't feel that.

How tight the shell is packed, the crimp quality, and the quality of the plastic hull can all have a small effect too. Even the primer can have an effect, as can the weather.

Also it seems the fit of the shell in the chamber has some effect.

Those are all subtle things individually, but add them all up, and sometimes things will not seem to follow common sense.

Back