• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

UTG Scope

I watched the UTG video for zeroing this scope but I still don't fully understand it's operation. I adjusted the scope, with a laser bore sighter, to aproximately 75 yds but when I check the zero at 3 yds the lazer dot drops several inches.

Can this scope be zeroed at 3 yds and still be zeroed at 75 to 100 yds?
WP_20160615_05_24_17_Pro.jpg

I'm not quit sure exactly what your question is. The ballistic flight of a bullet will cross the sight line twice. Once close to the muzzle [usually more than 3 feet tho'] and then cross at a greater range beyond the apex. Ballistic tables will give you guidance about those distances.

The trajectory depends on bullet shape, muzzle velocity, air density and a bunch of other minor stuff. Also the measurement of muzzle to sight axis must be considered.

I haven't seen the video you reference, so I may not have addressed your question well.

Have you actually shot any groups w/ your rifle yet?

Can this scope be zeroed at 3 yds and still be zeroed at 75 to 100 yards ?
no, your height over bore prevents it . If you want to be zero that close you will have to depend on knowing your holds to be on at 100......
or zero at 100 and know your hold for 3 yards

Nice, Mike.
I always add --- Your Mileage May Vary.
But for a typical 3000 fps trajectory that's a good illustration.

I believe, with help from you guys, that I have decided to just keep my scope zeroed at 100 yds and just keep it on stand-by. It does have a quick connect base so that will make it more convenient to throw back on if I need a long distance shot. I find that the iron sights are more than adequate for my needs for the time being. I had no problem hitting (with the iron sights) the steel stand-up silhouette, close to center mass, at around 50 yards.

Thanks for all of your assistance guys.

Back