• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Plano Protector Series Double Gun Case

JSDinTexas

.270 WIN
I purchased a gun case for my 500 and decided to get a double case to hold other stuff.
I got the Plano Protector Series Double Gun Case from Amazon - at the time it was about $31 and now is on the site for $37.52 with free shipping.
For personal transport or just a case that keeps a gun free of the elements it was a pretty good deal. The case is rated as airline approved and does have 3 locking spots in the center and on each side, but I'm not sure I would use it since it is a hard case but not that hard (clamshell actually). And it does have foam inserts. My purpose in buying it was to transport my 500 and a new 590 which hasn't come in yet.
I will recommend this case for an inexpensive way to transport one or two long guns and even some ammo maybe.

Attachments

• Plano Double Gun Case.jpg
    Plano Double Gun Case.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 227
  • Plano Double Gun Case Inside.jpg
    Plano Double Gun Case Inside.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 227
Looks like a great option to store and transport your firearms. I use a similar case made by Flambeau.

Nice case with room for the "extras". Just don't pack ammo if you intend to fly.
A definite no no in the airline industry. It is really very much frowned upon by all airlines!

ladytech777 said:
Nice case with room for the "extras". Just don't pack ammo if you intend to fly.
A definite no no in the airline industry. It is really very much frowned upon by all airlines!

+1 there!

Here in TN, we can't transport ammo in the same case with any long gun. The gun is technically considered "loaded" if the gun and ammo are both within reach of any occupant in the vehicle. Kinda crazy, but it's the law.

Nice case by the way...

BTW- While some airline pilots or F/O's are trained and allowed to carry a gun in the cockpit-
god help the pilots if they try to carry a pocket knife past security!- I'm serious!!!

i heard somewhere that you really don't want to "announce" that you are checking a gun at the airport. (obviously you need to tell the airline but not "the staff") they have a high probability of disappearing once they are outa sight. pack it up in a duffle bag that covers the case. i'll have to figure out where i heard that. maybe i can get more info there....

ripjack13 said:
i heard somewhere that you really don't want to "announce" that you are checking a gun at the airport. (obviously you need to tell the airline but not "the staff") they have a high probability of disappearing once they are outa sight. pack it up in a duffle bag that covers the case. i'll have to figure out where i heard that. maybe i can get more info there....

Personally, if I have ta go anywhere with a gun, I'll drive, or ship it in advance via FFL if need be.

yeah. definitely ship it ffl. i cant drive across lines yet.....yet. soon though. then i'll be able to go huntin with my cousins in maine.

I fly to Texas (Norfolk to Dallas) with firearms every year. They must fly in a hard case that is padlocked. Ammo can be in the same hard case as long as it is boxed in its original container. Pelican cases are good but pricey, but then you usually get what you pay for. Call your airline for updates. I last retired as a Behavioral Detection & Analysis Officer - I was one of the first 300 officers in TSA, we instructed new hires while we Federalized their home airports, then we moved to our assigned airports.

As for the staff, in my experience the older ones have mostly been retired military, law enforcement, or first responders. The younger ones have mostly been criminal justice grads trying to get in to federal law enforcement. However, each airport can only draw from whats available locally.

Back