• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Has anyone considered the Mossberg 92514 kit with the raptor grip?

Pajamas

Elite Member
The 14" barrel seems to be legal with a Mossberg 500A PGO. I'm no Lawyer, but as long as the firearm left the factory PGO it is not considered a shotgun by BATFE [TITLE 18 921. Definitions (5) : The term "shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger]. If its not a shotgun, barrel length shouldn't apply- (PGO isn't fired from the shoulder). Further, it shouldn't be classified as "Any Other Weapon" because, with the raptor grip its length exceeds 26".

Last edited:
We have a 33" wide spiral staircase to the first floor (all bedrooms on second floor). I have a 18.5" barrel 500A with a pistol-grip but its a little tight going down-stairs when the dog goes off. A shorter home security weapon would be nice if all the parts are still available. I had hoped someone had tried the conversion.

here is my NON NFA 14in Mossberg that I did a few months ago. which is legal because its a PGO and the OAL is 26 1/2in long and is not a AOW and does not need the tax stamp with the birdshead grip. its very easy to do by just removing the magazine tube and replace it with the shorter one. you can get the raptor lug for $39.99 and you can cut the barrel and magazine tube if you don't want to spend the $$$ on the Mossberg 92514 kit. the raptor lug mounts at the end of the magazine tube and barrel where you have it cut off and then drill a hole for a pin to secure it. but it does not look clean and would have to remove the pin in order to remove the raptor lug for the barrel and magazine tube.

I am having trouble removing the magazine tube,I have tried applying acetone to the threads with no joy, I tried placing it in the oven at 350 degrees for one hour and again - no joy. Any suggestions?

what I did to remove the magazine tube was to wrap it with some leather and place it in a vise about 1 inch away from the receiver and then took a hair dryer "you can use a heat gun" and heated it till it was hot t touch and then turned the receiver to unscrew the magazine tube. I had to use some force " kinda twist real hard like a snap to break the Loctite"to unscrew it but it will not hurt the receiver or the magazine tube. just be careful when you tighten the vise with the magazine tube where you don't squeeze the tube just enough pressure for it to not move when you are unscrewing it from the receiver. I called Mossberg and that's the way that they remove the magazine tube from the receiver. I had a harder time in removing the pistol grip than my magazine tube. so try that method to remove the magazine tube.

Back