• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from Cali

95jza80tt

.270 WIN
Little bit about me.

I'm not brand new to shooting, but haven't squeezed a trigger in years or a decade perhaps. Just a few months back I purchased my first firearm. It was a SA TRP 1911. I figured with how crazy things have been the past couple years and me also being a new father, having something to protect my family and my home would be a good idea. I have plenty of close friends that have been into shooting for years. Some of them common civilians and some vets as well as some LEO's. Most of them urged me to look into getting a shotgun as a more effective means of protecting my loved ones, so here I am now. I just picked up my first shotgun 5days ago, a 590 50778. I've been lurking on this forum for a little while before hand reading reviews and suggestions on accessories and how some have setup for HD and such. During the 10day wait for my shotgun to get out of jail I ordered a bunch of bolt-ons and parts to change out that I thought were some decent choices. I posted this list in the accessories thread in the 590 section but I think it would be at home in here as well. I just need some ammo and some time away from my kid to train with it and the 1911, which TBH I have not even put any rounds through yet either. My daughter and job consume all of my time which is a great and bad thing at the same time SMH.

Accessories I went for on my 590

-Choate "+1" 2-rnd mag tube extension
-SBEprecision aluminum high vis follower (orange)
-CDMgear MTC flashlight mount
-CDMgear BMD mag tube clamp
-Promag aluminum enhanced saftey
-Mesa tactical 6rnd polymer side saddle
-Magpul MOE forend
-Magpul AFG
-Magpul SGA stock
-Magpul SGA receiver sling mount
-Magpul SGA QD swivel cups
-Magpul SGA Rem buttpad adapter
-Limbsaver classic for Rem 870
-NCstar receiver rail
-XSsights big dot tritium front sight
-Vtac 2pnt sling with Magpul paraclips and a metal D-ring to convert to a 1pnt sling if I choose to.
-Surefire G2X polymer LED flashlight.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.:)

Welcome aboard!

Congrats on your new firearms and for the new baby. The Mrs. and I have a 2 month old and I can fully understand the lack of free time to get to the range right now.

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 590. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks for the warm welcomes all. Snagged some quick cell phone images last night before I went to bed. I've peppered some of these in other relevant threads but figured I'd put them up here collectively.

BTW after looking at a few of the receiver mount picatinny rails this was one of the few that I found that was extremely affordable and had the beveled end to match the curvature of the receiver to give it a nice finished kind of look. It came with countersunk allen screws and a allen wrench to install it and was really decent quality.

I feel like this follower isn't as high vis as they made it out to be LOL. Still a good looking piece and functions properly.

Welcome from Oklahoma. I like the what you have done to your shotty.
Thanks, I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a bit of a tacticool fanboy at times, but I tried to change things that would make a functional impact on ease of use and comfort in regards to my shotty.

Signal hill / long beach.
I've been on calguns for a bit and am completely jealous of all the cool stuff that pops up FS in socal all the damn time. There is like a gem of a deal in norcal once in a blue moon but all the good deals and awesome firearms I see are usually in socal.

CDMgear MTC flashlight mount is on its way to me as we speak and I also ordered a TacticalLink 2 to 1 QD tri-glide adapter to convert my 2pnt sling to a 1pnt sling using a QD swivel to try out.

mtc.gif

1-GS.jpg

Thanks, I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a bit of a tacticool fanboy at times, but I tried to change things that would make a functional impact on ease of use and comfort in regards to my shotty.

I've been on calguns for a bit and am completely jealous of all the cool stuff that pops up FS in socal all the damn time. There is like a gem of a deal in norcal once in a blue moon but all the good deals and awesome firearms I see are usually in socal.

I found 2 good things on armslist. BUt have never purchased from anyone on calguns. Calguns has good info, but too many know it all types for me. It is hard to read a thread on calguns without people insulting each other, so I kinda gave up on that site.

I found 2 good things on armslist. BUt have never purchased from anyone on calguns. Calguns has good info, but too many know it all types for me. It is hard to read a thread on calguns without people insulting each other, so I kinda gave up on that site.
I agree, but I've been on so many different car forums that I'm kinda used to that BS and look past it to find the useful information. The FS section there though is always changing and updating with new ads posted all the time and I think that is one of the reasons I always go back to it.

Welcome from Texas, formerly a Cali boy myself. The 590 is a fine choice, I have one too!
Thanks for the welcome. Cali may be one of the worst places in regards to gun law and living costs over the top, but I was born and raised here. It would be hard for me to ever walk away from it. I'm not sure if it was your hometown but I'm sure you miss some part of it yah?

My wife and our grown kids all moved from Cali to north-western Texas a few years ago. Love it! Small town, rural. Its not for everyone however. We still have some family back in Cali and visit twice a year. It wasn't just the anti-gun crazy liberals that made us leave, but also jerry brown's insane taxation policies. Cali currently has the highest number of businesses, working class and retires moving out to the midwest, than any other state in recent decades! My advice for gun owners chosing to remain in Cali, is to rally together and regularly have 'do not comply' rallies in sacramento, keep it legal and non-violent. Sign tons of petitions, and make your voices heard! NRA and GOA have local sacramento offices. Calguns is active too!

Back