• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lone Wolf range report

Thanx, that was a help. I just spent the last 30 minutes reading thru your previous posts.
Full disclosure here: I am not a very good rifleman. I do not do any reloading. My approach is more from the mechanical, scientific, theoretical, method. You have much more knowledge about the practical side of this problem than I do.

That said, after noodling all evening on this, I predict.... Ta DA!

Scope interior - loose glass or reticle.

Possibly and not out of the realm of possibility that I will send it in to Bushnell. Next time out I will see what happens. I remounted it and haven't shot it yet. I thought I may have had a lose mount or rings. If it hasn't settled down it goes back. I already talked to a rep.

Last edited:
Thanks Hombre, but I'm too creaky.

Just because I can do that from sandbags on a solid cast concrete bench doesn't mean I could do it off a rock after hiking through the woods all day.

Now if I just sat in a blind all day waiting for game, maybe; but that's not much like hunting.

On the other hand, with my eyesight I'd be lucky to spot a deer at all at 100 yds.

Just stick a bunch of dollar bills in your belt and pretend you are a herd of doughs. (sorry, couldn't resist.)

Looks like you are gonna have to go pig hunting with a blade.

Possibly and not out of the realm of possibility that I will send it in to Bushnell. Next time out I will see what happens. I remounted it and haven't shot it yet. I thought I may have had a lose mount or rings. If it hasn't settled down it goes back. I already talked to a rep.
You could mount the suspect scope on a rifle that is known good and see if that combo starts to string out. Then mount a known good scope on the lever action and see if it groups better. That may be diagnostic in this situation.

You could mount the suspect scope on a rifle that is known good and see if that combo starts to string out. Then mount a known good scope on the lever action and see if it groups better. That may be diagnostic in this situation.

It may come to that.

I don't want to hijack Caddmann's thread. I will start my range report after next trip out.

Back