• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need advice on how to mount flashlight on .410

edd

Copper BB
I am trying to mount a flashlight on a Mossberg .410 pump with a pistol grip fore end. I have been looking at mounts from manufacturers such as Brownells and all the others, none of them will say they will work, plus I have worked through all of them shown on Amazon. I want to mount a LED flashlight with a one inch tube and holding one or AA batteries, and have a button on side or back or remote switch, but not twist on. So far I have rigged up a scope mount for a 22 rifle to attach to the magazine tube and clamp a one cell flashlight in it. It may work, but I would really like a 2 cell set up. Having a .410 magazine tube really limits the options, there are plenty of setups for a 12 or 20 ga, but not .410. I need to keep the price of the mount and flashlight to under $75 so a Surefire flashlight is out. Pictures of where I am at so far are attached. If anyone can offer any suggestions on how to improve on this set up or has another idea of how to mount a flashlight on a .410 with a pistol grip, please let me know. Thanks, Ed.

Attachments

• c97032e14eeae2039db318974f51aaa4.jpg
    c97032e14eeae2039db318974f51aaa4.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 22
If you can figure out a way to mount section of picatinny rail on that action slide, the whole world will open up for you.

,,,,,,not sure how fancy you want it, but you could look at a double tube clamp?????ACH040_MED.jpg

A Google search for double tube clamps will show you a bunch.Also Graingers.

Once you find the clamp you need you could also use a piece of rubber hose as a shim.

I am trying to mount a flashlight on a Mossberg .410 pump with a pistol grip fore end.... So far I have rigged up a scope mount for a 22 rifle to attach to the magazine tube and clamp a one cell flashlight in it. It may work, but I would really like a 2 cell set up.

Nice project. If you can clamp a one-cell light you can clamp a two-cell light to the same mount.

I am trying to mount a flashlight on a Mossberg .410 pump with a pistol grip fore end. I have been looking at mounts from manufacturers such as Brownells and all the others, none of them will say they will work, plus I have worked through all of them shown on Amazon. I want to mount a LED flashlight with a one inch tube and holding one or AA batteries, and have a button on side or back or remote switch, but not twist on. So far I have rigged up a scope mount for a 22 rifle to attach to the magazine tube and clamp a one cell flashlight in it. It may work, but I would really like a 2 cell set up. Having a .410 magazine tube really limits the options, there are plenty of setups for a 12 or 20 ga, but not .410. I need to keep the price of the mount and flashlight to under $75 so a Surefire flashlight is out. Pictures of where I am at so far are attached. If anyone can offer any suggestions on how to improve on this set up or has another idea of how to mount a flashlight on a .410 with a pistol grip, please let me know. Thanks, Ed.
I am in the same boat you are. I have a Mossberg 410GA, 500E Cruiser with a pistol grip. I am looking for a flashlight/laser mount for it but have come up with no results. I was also looking for a tactical stock adaptor but also came up blank. I notice that you have a handle on your pump lever. Where can I get one of those?

I finally cracked it by setting up a picatinny rail on it. Get these parts from Amazon and you are home free. The stock came that way from the factory. Good luck, Ed.

UTG Universal Single-rail Rifle Barrel Mount, 5 Slots

Orion H40-W 500 Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight with Pressure Switch and Rifle Mount

Thanks Edd. I have already ordered everything from Amazon. If you come across a tactical stock for it, let me know.

MOS

Thanks again. I ordered the parts and it works perfectly. Especially like the remote pressure switch for the flashlight.

I used what mossy showed in his post. Then, with a Nebo Redline flashlight, I ordered a remote switch on their website. Had a Nebo f'light go bad, so did the remote switch- sent them back, asked for help- they sent me brand new ones in about 9 days.

Back