• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another Limbsaver/Hogue thread

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Folks, I've not ever in the past had any trouble shooting 3" magnum loads in the past. And in fact, whenever anyone talked about how much they hurt and or bruise, I always thought "well that's strange because my older daughter has been firing those without complaint since she was 16".

Well it seems I've damaged myself and I have a knot in a muscle that isn't going away. It's right where the recoil pad rests when firing and now even just one shot causes it swell and bruise leaves me without some use of my arm for days.

I think if I do the slip on limbsaver, the LOP will be too long so I'm wondering if anyone is able to compare and contrast the Hogue recoil pad to the Limbsaver? If the Hogue is sufficient I can do that, if the Limbsaver is superior, I'd have to go with a shorter LOP stock I believe.

Help? Please and thank you!

Are you able to remove the stock butt pad? Then use the limbsaver. Would that equal out to the same lop?

You need to get the knot checked out.

I had a knot come up on top of my left shoulder, which is now about the size of a small egg.

They've done MRI and stuff and said it's a harmless Lipoma (fatty) tumor.

Back