• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg factory AOWs

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Just saw that OFM is producing from the factory, 590A1s and 500s with pistol grips and barrel lengths shorter than 14". The 500 has a 7-1/2" barrel and the 590A1 has a 10" barrel. They are being called compact cruisers.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/specialty-series/compact-cruiser-aow/

They also carry a hefty MSRP of about $900. I'm not sure it's worth that to me. I think I'd rather buy the 14" barrel and magazine tube and birds head grip and still only be in for around $500 (starting with a used gun maybe).

Wow....how did they get around making those here?

I'm all for it.

Don't have the cash for it, and I think is at least $300 on the high end, but God bless 'em for it.

They seem to be exactly like the Serbu Super Shorties that are already available. I am not interested in a shotgun with only a 2+1 shell capacity. Pretty novel, though. Take care. Tom Worthington

Not at the top of my want list but it's awesome that they are making them. I would rather see them keep it up and keep making stuff like this than succumb to the PC gun police.

They seem to be exactly like the Serbu Super Shorties that are already available. I am not interested in a shotgun with only a 2+1 shell capacity. Pretty novel, though. Take care. Tom Worthington
Sounds like a teany-tiney duck gun for black blind ops. Covert Operations against undocumented immigrant waterfowl seems reasonable and should be considered by all Mossberg owners.

Last edited:
Mossberg 590A1 Compact Cruiser AOW
Mossberg-590A1-Compact-Cruiser-AOW.jpg

Back