• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi from Cali gun control land.

Aquila

.22LR
Glad I found this forum!

I have been until this year a 'once in a blue moon' shooter. I have enjoyed it immensely every time, but oportunities came seldom. First time out was in college with my brother and his ruger 22 rifle. The next time was a couple years ago getting a shotgun lesson with hubby and friend. The gun was some gorgeous over under 20 gauge. Don't remember the maker. I wasn't hitting anything because my dominant eye isn't very dominant. But! I was the only one who didn't go home with a bruise and I still had fun. I may get into shotgunning later since I enjoyed it so much.

This year my adult son asked if he could get a gun. I said 'only if I get to shoot it too'. His Glock 21 is loads of fun but the ammo is rather spendy and the slide is a bit difficult for me to manage (I'm pretty small). I wanted to get into shooting too, so at the gun shop I asked for easy to operate and cheap ammo. I fingered a few different options but the one that felt really good in my hands was a 464 22lr. I notice I tend to gravitate toward 'cowboy' guns.

I pick it up on Tuesday!

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new "soon to be" 464.

Welcome Aquila!

I too am a cowboy gun fan. I own several modern black tactical guns like you might see on a SWAT team, but my favorties are all old styles with real wood. and cowboy era replicas.

20160221_195811-1.jpg
2016-03-31 15.30.57.jpg
20160130_020428.jpg 20160119_232715.jpg
I do love the wood!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 464. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks all for the welcomes!

CaddmannQ, what a gorgeous collection! I love wood furniture too. I love that case whee you have those two lever guns put to bed like babies.

Funnily, I suppose, I like the tactical look for paintball, which is another hobby I don't get to indulge in much because of expense. To win you have to spray tons of paintballs and that adds up quick.

The 464 is my first gun, but I hope it won't be my last. Hubby has his eye on a Ruger GP100 in 22lr because he loves to plink and that 10 shooter looks mighty sweet. I may be using it as much as he does but he will likely be doing the same with my 464.

I'm very happy I found this forum!

Thank you, and please don't hesitate to post up some pics of the new rifle.

Aguila, you may notice that we like most all guns, not just mossbergs.

My old Virginian Dragoon in 44 magnum.

And yes, that's a Don't Tread On Me concho on the holster.

4420magnum20011_zpstqehiolj.jpg

Aguila, you may notice that we like most all guns, not just mossbergs.

My old Virginian Dragoon in 44 magnum.

And yes, that's a Don't Tread On Me concho on the holster.

4420magnum20011_zpstqehiolj.jpg

That's gorgeous.

Yup I like em all too.

Earlier, I was drooling over pictures of a Chiappa Rhino with a six inch barrel. That is both a strange looking and cool gun. If I ever get into a .357 magnum that one might be the ticket with it's low bore axis.

From Wikipedia:

"Chambered for the .357 Magnum, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, or 9×21mm cartridges its most distinctive feature is that the barrel is on a low axis compared to other revolvers. The Rhino fires from the lowermost chamberof the cylinder, rather than firing from the topmost chamber."

What a terrific idea! I wonder if this is the only revolver that ever did that?

From Wikipedia:

"Chambered for the .357 Magnum, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, or 9×21mm cartridges its most distinctive feature is that the barrel is on a low axis compared to other revolvers. The Rhino fires from the lowermost chamberof the cylinder, rather than firing from the topmost chamber."

What a terrific idea! I wonder if this is the only revolver that ever did that?

Isn't it? I was watching videos of people shooting with one - no muzzle flip.

I think it's a extremely cool gun.

Back