• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Affordable Care Act...Also Known As Obamacare

I think it works, as long as government rewards charity and punishes the profitmongers.

The problem is that their election campaigns are funded by those profitmongers.

As long as that system prevails, no healthcare system will succeed in serving the people who really need it.

holb_c14796220170119120100.jpg

My take on Obamacare: repeal, do not replace. The world still turned before it existed and my employer's contribution to my health care plan was only 25% of what it is today. That really cut into my profit sharing bonus. The budget proposal the Senate Republicans passed a couple weeks ago that adds 9.7 trillion to the debt(planned, will obviously be more) is asinine. Republicans campaigned the whole election cycle talking budgets and using words like "balance" and "solvent". I'm not seeing any of the such be attempted. Kudos to Senator Rand Paul for standing alone and opposing this proposal. He hit the nail on the head when he said that Obamacare needs to be scrapped but Republicans are getting in a hurry and spending way too much money. It will hurt them and consequently we the people in the future if they don't pull their heads out and do as they were elected to do.

Kudos to Trump for doing exactly what he said he would do during his campaign. Speaker Ryan and several other Republicans should take note.

Reading through these posts I think I only saw attorneys mentioned once, maybe twice, and that was in passing. They are not the only problem, but certainly part of the problem of high healthcare costs. In our lawsuit happy society today the ambulance chasers are advertising as much on tv as the big pharmaceutical companies, which in turn adds to the costs. Same with doctors and hospitals. The liability insurance costs are passed on the the consumers.

As far as the VA. In my opinion the VA should be eliminated, except for a small administration unit, and veterans be allowed to go to the same doctors and hospitals as everyone else. The hospitals and doctors would then bill the VA for payment. Just an idea.

Like I said, this is not all of the problem with high costs, but is certainly a part of the equation.

Back