• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Texas

Robert Smith

Copper BB
I'm in the Fort Worth area and after owning every gun imaginable I just recently picked up my first shotgun. I've heard nothing but good things about Mossberg and decided to get my feet wet with a Maverick 88 (18.5" 5+1) I picked up at Academy for $189. Other than my .22 rifle this is the least I've paid for any gun. Also, considering 12 gauge ammo runs anywhere from $.20 for target loads to $.28 for 00 buckshot the cost per lethality ratio is through the roof. I've already put quite a few flawless rounds through it and I already have my next Mossberg 500 already picked out. I should have done this years ago.

E6206AC5-88B8-43EF-97D4-ADE8D01A6345_zpsqj6a5r5p.jpg

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mav 88.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Welcome from NY. Be careful they're addictive I bought 4 within an4 month span!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Mi!!!

MidwayUSA

They're selling Glock 17/19 mags for $15.99 right now as well. Definitely some deals to be had. That's one thing I looked forward to after the election

Welcome from northeast Oklahoma. I purchased an 88 about a year ago in 20 ga. , my first shotgun as well.

MidwayUSA

They're selling Glock 17/19 mags for $15.99 right now as well. Definitely some deals to be had. That's one thing I looked forward to after the election

@Robert Smith , welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN. Thanx for the tip. I don't know my way around MidwayUSA site very well and I only found G17 mags at the usual $25 price today.
Was there a sale that is over or some special section I should look at?

https://www.midwayusa.com/

Glock Magazine Gen 4 Glock 17, 34 9mm Luger Polymer Black
4.9 (91 Reviews)
$24.99

Welcome aboard from a native Texan!

Grew up in and around Ft. Worth myself. Hanging my hat in TN now, but Texas will always be home. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pic of your Mav'88. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Howdy and welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
ripjack13

Back