• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OR3GUN still in Business?

Hey does anyone know if OR3GUN is still in business? I am interested in a few of their products for a couple of my 930s but, being a novice semi-auto SGer, I have a few questions. I have written to them a several times via the contact form on their web-sight but never hear back, nor do they list any phone # to call.

As far as I know they are still going strong. They are usually pretty quick to respond if you tag them in a post.

I have asked them a few questions here and have gotten a response quickly. I also have a few of their products and they are top quality.

Great! I am wanting to do some business with them as well.

They make good stuff. I have now replaced just about every part I can on my 930 with their parts.

I did not have any issues before, I just like to tinker with stuff, but it runs even better now.

Update, I sent an email to William at OR3GUN earlier this afternoon and he has already replied and is helping me with my order. I expect to make my purchase this evening and get some goodies on the way!

I actually got ahold of them earlier today via the contact link on their site. William replied quite quickly, we figured out what I needed, and there is already an assortment of goodies on the way to my door! Great company and folks to deal with!

We don't always get proper email notifications from all of the forums, so our Facebook page is the best place to get in touch with us. Our contact form usually works too, but we often get a bounce on one of our well crafted emails when someone types their email address wrong on the form.

Thanks!

William

htpp://www.OR3GUN.com

If for nothing else except for my own memory aid I am posting the @OR3GUN FB address here:

https://www.facebook.com/theOR3GUNproject

10422513_1526688367592693_1194071952639964196_n.jpg

OK for some reason I stopped getting updates on this thread... I HATE COMPUTERS!!! Anyway here is my update.
William at OR#GUN replied and gave me what I hope is sound advice. So I ordered some things from them, to list... wait, is my wife reading this??? BAH it don't matter, she gets them too so she is happy (yep great wife, shoots like a girl). OK done bragging about her, here is the list:
Enhanced Competition Follower
Security Combo, has the plunger and the ASR and the Marine tube
and the competition forearm retainer.

What I did not get that he recommended was chocolate put in my magazine tube. I still do not why he wants me to put chocolate in there but the wife loves the idea as long as it is dark chocolate.

And I also got back from C-Rums my welded lifters and a barrel clamp from Mesa with sling mount & rail.
So I think we are good to go.

OH, FYI, I also found that they are not over priced at all. I found them to be very reasonable considering they are specialty and pretty much a monopoly, of sorts, on what they sell. Nor did they try to gouge me for S&H like some companies do. And, everything got here quick too.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

OK, we'll try this again. ;)

CHAOTE. Not chocolate. (Spell check and autocorrect will lose this round.)

If you encounter feed from the tube issues with your SPX, (which can include the gun seeming to only want to take 4 rounds every once in a while for no good reason) you can bet it is the factory magazine extension tube, which is made by Choate. The problem stems from their one piece design. When you add items like sling mounts between the magazine tube extension and forearm, the problem gets worse as the distance the follower has to float between the two is increased.

The reason we recommend the Nordic (as found on the JM Pro) is that the Nordic is a 3 piece design with a separate cap and nut. You can unscrew the tube from the nut several turns before firmly tightening the nut to the forearm first. Once tightened to the forearm you can usually then turn the extension tube itself in until it just contacts the factory magazine tube and eliminate the gap completely. With the Choate there is typically 0.050" to 0.100" of gap that can't be adjusted out because the internal thread length is fixed and longer than the threaded magazine tube which protrudes from the forearm. If you add a sling mount between the forearm and extension you have increased it to 0.225" or more and create an even higher likelihood of the follower tilting during the gap and hanging up.

Just something to keep in mind if you run into any feed issues from your SPX tube.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Back