• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

*VIDEO* Water Monkey's 1st Pistol Match 2017

I couldn't always tell if you were hitting or missing; but it was enjoyable watching the video just to see how they set up the course, and to watch how you go through it.

I couldn't always tell if you were hitting or missing; but it was enjoyable watching the video just to see how they set up the course, and to watch how you go through it.

yeah hard to tell. The last stage I slowed it down so you can see 2 shots one hole in the first target.

I hit all paper targets. Some outside the zero so it resulted in penalty points. Missed 2 shots on steel but that doesnt result in a penalty just kills my round count for the stage and adds a little more time in reloading.

They do this at the Central California Pistol League, which is up on the hill between our public shotgun range and our members-only rifle range. Unfortunately you can't see the action from above, from anywhere else on the 7 various ranges.

But you can watch the cowboy action shooters, and what they do is almost a more expensive (and non automatic) version of what I see here. Echo from station-to-station hide behind walls and shoot things through windows and around corners.

But, they have a steel mining car on rails, where you get to roll down hill and shoot stationary targets that appear while you are moving. Sort of a wild west drive-by shooting.

If I thought I could still do that, I would join the club just for that ride. :cool:

Well I'm sure they allow monkeys but you do have to dress up like a cowboy and shoot a Single Action Army or lever action or something "proper".

Other than that I don't know the rules You have to contact the Kings River Regulators. They have a website, and a whole little "cowboy town" including the wooden Fort Miller. It's pretty awesome.

Nice Dan Wesson shootin' stick you have there. Sweeeet.
What sort of entrance fees, if any, are typical of these "pew pew games" (I like that phrase :)). Do you have to belong
to a gun club, or is it sort of an "Open" type of event ?

Nice Dan Wesson shootin' stick you have there. Sweeeet.
What sort of entrance fees, if any, are typical of these "pew pew games" (I like that phrase :)). Do you have to belong
to a gun club, or is it sort of an "Open" type of event ?

It's open but club members get preference if spots fill up. I don't belong to the club.

$20 entrance fee.

There's a sheet/trap range nearby, "down by the river" that also has an indoor pistol range. YEARS ago we called and asked about fees, etc and .... wow. They certainly had/have a reason to be proud of their facility, but ..... wow.
I need to go visit them and see what the situation is now. The only way to get good/better is with practice. The only reasonable good range around is run by our excellent Conservation Department, and that facility has been closed for a year and a half for renovation. It won't open for another 6 months so we're limited to driving about 90 miles to a municipality that has their own range, self-monitored. Real joy to shoot there, but ... far.

There's a sheet/trap range nearby, "down by the river" that also has an indoor pistol range. YEARS ago we called and asked about fees, etc and .... wow. They certainly had/have a reason to be proud of their facility, but ..... wow.
I need to go visit them and see what the situation is now. The only way to get good/better is with practice. The only reasonable good range around is run by our excellent Conservation Department, and that facility has been closed for a year and a half for renovation. It won't open for another 6 months so we're limited to driving about 90 miles to a municipality that has their own range, self-monitored. Real joy to shoot there, but ... far.

That stinks. When I move. I'll either be near a range. Or making one in the backyard.

Back