• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

quiet22

Do we have anyone who has purchased a Patriot in 243....and how has the experience been.....accuracy/hunting......etc?

I no longer own a .243 Win rifle but the cartridge has a lot of inherent accuracy in it. My rifle shot practically anything well. Hope you get some experienced readers to chime in.

I purchased the 243 patriot in synthetic stock about 6 weeks ago. I was skeptical at the bargain price rifle. It has since really impressed me. As has mossberg in general. I have shot it quite abit with factory ammo it seem to really be happy with the hornady 100grn american whitetail interlok. It did NOT like the superformance 95gn sst. Which is fine with me. I mounted a leupold 3x9x40 and its a nice handy hunting rifle. I highly recommend. I had one issue with it feeding every now and again not picking up rounds from mag the follower seemed to stick. I sent email to mossberg CS. They replied pretty quick. 4 days later i had a new magazine in mail box. Perfect function out of rifle and awesome service from mossberg. I am one who still appreciate an American family owned business. Great product. Here is 100 yd target with a dime for reference yes you can cover group with dime on a 300dollar american made rifle and factory ammo. Also first hunt trip with nice Bama boar hog 243 laid him down. 20170323_175358.jpg 20170317_200730.jpg 20170323_175358.jpg 20170317_200730.jpg 20170323_175358.jpg 20170317_200730.jpg

Nice shooting Djcala. It looks like your Patriot is a bit more accurate than my boys Savage II in .243. Thanks for the pics.

Nice shooting Djcala. It looks like your Patriot is a bit more accurate than my boys Savage II in .243. Thanks for the pics.

Thanks. Im sure they both shoot pretty good depending on ammo. My sister bought a savage axis 243 last november when she came down. It would shoot about 1moa with cheap remington 100gr coreloks. Thats all we tried in it she literally bought 18 boxes(all they had) to take home with her she lives in Kotzebue Alaska where things are hard to get and very expensive.

Relieved to hear this about the Patriot in .243. Just bought the Bantam model for my wife so she can join me hunting deer this fall. I was worried about the 1 in 10 twist barrel not stabilizing a 100 grain bullet. She wants to go to the range on Mother's Day to zero her new Mossberg, so I bought several boxes of ammo with different bullet weights, until the dies and bullets get here.

Relieved to hear this about the Patriot in .243. Just bought the Bantam model for my wife so she can join me hunting deer this fall. I was worried about the 1 in 10 twist barrel not stabilizing a 100 grain bullet. She wants to go to the range on Mother's Day to zero her new Mossberg, so I bought several boxes of ammo with different bullet weights, until the dies and bullets get here.

Hope you also have a good one. Be sure factory bases are tight i lock tighted mine. Also make sure reciever bolts snug. I tried a big selection of ammo to fibd what mine liked the cheapest being academy sports monarch brand brass 100 grn they were worst very tight chambering and grouped like a shotgun. I ried some hornady superformance 95grn waste of money all over paper. Inexpensive rem corelokt shot plenty good for hunting about 1.5 inches. The winner was hornady american whitetail 100grn consistent .5 inch at 100 yards doing my part properly. Being to lazy to actually haul target to the 300 yard line i do shoot the 8inch steel reactive target thats out there 1494548362437-1730831608.jpg with ease.

Back